Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does Fidelity Amex report as?

tag
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

What does Fidelity Amex report as?

Does it report as Amex or FIAA? 

Reason i'm asking is that i thought i was approved almost 2 weeks ago. I called, spoke with a rep and he told me i was approved for 6k and will receive the card in 7-10 Business days. I never got the card. Honestly, i even forgot i applied till 2 days ago when i saw a "new account" alert from credit sesame. it was an Amex new account. Already know that i didn't open any Amex accounts, i check the status page anyway and it was confirmed that i didn't apply for anything. Fast forward to today, i decided to call the Fidelity CSR line and some CSR told me that my application was declined and i'll receive a letter in 7-10 business days. what kind of sense does that even make..

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What does Fidelity Amex report as?

@Membersince2013 wrote:

Does it report as Amex or FIAA? 

Reason i'm asking is that i thought i was approved almost 2 weeks ago. I called, spoke with a rep and he told me i was approved for 6k and will receive the card in 7-10 Business days. I never got the card. Honestly, i even forgot i applied till 2 days ago when i saw a "new account" alert from credit sesame. it was an Amex new account. Already know that i didn't open any Amex accounts, i check the status page anyway and it was confirmed that i didn't apply for anything. Fast forward to today, i decided to call the Fidelity CSR line and some CSR told me that my application was declined and i'll receive a letter in 7-10 business days. what kind of sense does that even make..

Shouldn't report as AMEX unless Centurion bank

Message 2 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Yes, I would pull your CR. just to see if anything has really happened.  Sometimes  a card changes name (or even an inquiry changing its name) and credit karma/credit sesame will issue alerts.

So if you haven't already used them all, get a free annual credit report.  If you have, I would be tempted to use the beta feature on credit karma and look at your TU report.  Not the same as Sesame, but if there is something there you will at least know.

Message 3 of 6
Involver
Valued Contributor

Mine reports as FIA CS

Message 4 of 6
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Involver wrote:

Mine reports as FIA CS

Same in my case.

Message 5 of 6
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Weird...I'll call again tomorrow to see whats up with the card. Thanks guys.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.