cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does it mean when AMEX blacklist someone?

tag
MyWorthiness
Established Member

What does it mean when AMEX blacklist someone?

I see alot of people talking about being blacklisted? What does one have to do to be blacklisted from American Express?

OP,

You have started numerous threads regarding your Amex account.  Unfortunately, the threads are similar and thus causing duplication across the boards.  

Refrain from posting similar threads regarding the same subject.

~ Lexie, myFICO Moderator

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
fot1
Established Contributor

Re: What does it mean when AMEX blacklist someone?

Have a charge off account or file BK against them..
Too many to list..
Message 2 of 13
pip3man
Valued Contributor

OP you really need to calm down about this issue u got with AMEX... your being overly sensitive to it. Alot of people, myself included (TECHNICALLY) have had their card canceled by AMEX. It's not the end of the road, is not like u did something outrageous to be very anxious like this. Like others have advised, pay whatever balance remaining, shoot for a reinstatement and if that is not granted, move on with ya life or try again in 6 months. Being too anxious wouldn't solve the problem or make AMEX reverse their decision. Things happen and we learn from it everyday... take it easy, if AMEX dont want ya business there are hundred other creditors out there than will be more than happy to welcome u with an open arm. Let bygone be bygone and dont be stressing over it

Message 3 of 13
MyWorthiness
Established Member

Oh ok. I don't have either but I just had an account canceled from them and it was all because of some information that I had gotten from a few of the customer service reps. My balance was paid 2 days after the statement closing. :-( people have been telling me to ask for reinstatement or wait 6 months and reapply. I feel like such a failure. :-( I applied for the green card online and was approved instantly and I can't believe I messed this up. I've been asking tons of questions and everyone is telling me something different. Some people say they hardly ever do reinstatements. 

Message 4 of 13
MyWorthiness
Established Member

You're right. I'm not stressing. I just wanted to hear different scenarios and see what others have experienced. 

Message 5 of 13
MyWorthiness
Established Member

Sorry about that. :-( I thought when you had a different question you had to start a new discussion. 

Message 6 of 13
fot1
Established Contributor

@MyWorthiness wrote:

Oh ok. I don't have either but I just had an account canceled from them and it was all because of some information that I had gotten from a few of the customer service reps. My balance was paid 2 days after the statement closing. :-( people have been telling me to ask for reinstatement or wait 6 months and reapply. I feel like such a failure. :-( I applied for the green card online and was approved instantly and I can't believe I messed this up. I've been asking tons of questions and everyone is telling me something different. Some people say they hardly ever do reinstatements. 

No..  I have read through every thread you have made everyone has told you the same thing..

1 Pay your balance off.

2 Ask for reinstatemen.t  Going to EO level  if needed

3 If denied wait 6 months and re-apply..

Too many to list..
Message 7 of 13
MyWorthiness
Established Member

Thanks for your input! I love talking to people that at educated about credit. I'm still learning and yes I've gotten quite a few of the same answera so I'll wait and see what happens. 

Message 8 of 13
pip3man
Valued Contributor

No your are not a failure and no you did the best you could. I totally understand you were misinformed and how bad it feels getting the negative result in the end but we cant cry over spilled milk or recover it back. Again pay that balance and try contacting the Executive Office like someone else advised and see how it goes. It never hurts to try and u might just be surprised at the result u get. If that dont work out, suck it up and move on alright. I'm sure your responsible and there are many other creditors that will be willing to earn ur business so dont fuss over it. Take a deep breath and accept it as a learning process. Cheer up buddy, there's much to be happy about!!! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 13
MyWorthiness
Established Member

Thanks for the positive feedback! You're so kind! Some people have been mean and sarcastic to me when all I was looking for was advice and information on past experiences. I'm content wth the fact that the cancellation has already been done but I was concerned about how it will make my credit report look. And I was also concerned if they would deny me credit in the future. I'm not gonna let it get me down though. My main goal is to have a healthy credit history and I do well with all my other cards and such. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.