cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does it take to get a Quicksilver...

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: What does it take to get a Quicksilver...

I applied for the Quick Sliver when it first came out. It was denied. Lol. I forgot what the reason was.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 21 of 31
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

@theletharglcage yes I get the rewards at Walgreens all of the time. Was not a promotional offer as far as I know.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 22 of 31
vagrants
Regular Contributor

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@theletharglcage yes I get the rewards at Walgreens all of the time. Was not a promotional offer as far as I know.

Are you talking about Barcaly Rewards card or Quicksilver or Venture? If it's Barclay Rewards card, then I guess it's a hidden category or possibly grandfathered in? I never looked into 2x or 2% cards because of the Fidelity AMEX, so I don't know the history of Barclay Rewards.

AMEX Cash Rebate (this isn't Costco, older version of Blue Cash), AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX BCP, AMEX SPG (personal), Barclay Sallie Mae Plat MC, BBVA Compass NBA AMEX (No AF), Capital One QuickSilver VISA Sig, Capital One QuickSilver World MC, 2x Chase Freedom VISA Sig, Chase Ink Bold World Elite MC, Citi Dividend AMEX/World MC, Citi Double Cash, Citi Hilton VISA Sig, Discover More, Discover It, Fidelity AMEX, Huntington Voice World MC, MyPoints Rewards VISA, 2x US Bank Cash+ VISA Sig
Message 23 of 31
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

talking about Barclays.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 24 of 31
vagrants
Regular Contributor

@MissCredit9 wrote:

talking about Barclays.

@Interesting. I shall experiment with my Sallie Mae @ both CVS & Walgreens. The points are credited immediately on the posting date in your case, correct? I'm on 2x promo on the groceries, drugstore & electronics, but that's not gonna post until 6 - 8 weeks later; so that shouldn't confuse me.

Sorry if members feel I hijacked the thread since this has nothing to do with QS.

AMEX Cash Rebate (this isn't Costco, older version of Blue Cash), AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX BCP, AMEX SPG (personal), Barclay Sallie Mae Plat MC, BBVA Compass NBA AMEX (No AF), Capital One QuickSilver VISA Sig, Capital One QuickSilver World MC, 2x Chase Freedom VISA Sig, Chase Ink Bold World Elite MC, Citi Dividend AMEX/World MC, Citi Double Cash, Citi Hilton VISA Sig, Discover More, Discover It, Fidelity AMEX, Huntington Voice World MC, MyPoints Rewards VISA, 2x US Bank Cash+ VISA Sig
Message 25 of 31
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Vagrants, definitely let us know the results of your experiment. I'd like to know if the 2X on drug stores on the Rewards MC is a hidden category or just a promo

You're getting 2X on groceries with the Sallie Mae on top of the 5X on groceries on the first $250?

Message 26 of 31
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

I got the 2% on Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard, not on Sallie Mae card. Its not an introductory offer or a promotion. It is not listed anywhere on their website or in any of the information they sent me when I got the card. It just is what it is. It shows up on my online statement as double points thats the only way I figured it out.

Message 27 of 31
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Barclays...works for kaiser pharmacy as well Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 28 of 31
Dustink
Valued Contributor

OP: Did you app?

I think you are good to go for approval.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 29 of 31
vagrants
Regular Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:
You're getting 2X on groceries with the Sallie Mae on top of the 5X on groceries on the first $250?

If the trend continues, yes. 2x points are not limited to $250 though. It's limited to 2,500 points/quarter.

@MissCredit9 wrote:

I got the 2% on Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard, not on Sallie Mae card. Its not an introductory offer or a promotion. It is not listed anywhere on their website or in any of the information they sent me when I got the card. It just is what it is. It shows up on my online statement as double points thats the only way I figured it out.

I'm gonna experiment because it can be like what AMEX had. The mysterious "Internet Purchases." AMEX fixed this several months ago, but they used to give caterory bonus on the internet purchases...like 3x MR points or 6% on BCP or etc on amazon.com, apple.com. bestbuy.com, buy.com, amazon payments, paypal, etc., etc. I don't need 2x hidden drugstore category on the Sallie, but I'm so curious if it exists...what if they are making the same mistake as AMEX...giving a category bonus on this card?

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.