Frequent Contributor
Tooliebell

What does "pre-selected" mean?

I received an offer this weekend in the mail for an Orchard Bank Visa with a $300 limit and it says, you have been "pre-selected"  Does this mean it is already approved?  I just need to request it?

Frequent Contributor
jaystay

Re: What does "pre-selected" mean?

If you read the fine print it may come with an AF so are you sure you want it? I wouldn't recommend it unless you are desperate for tradelines.

EQ Starting Score: 579 | TU Starting Score: 568
EQ Current Score: 650 | TU Current Score: 653
EQ Goal Score: 1000 | TU Goal Score: 1000

Valued Member
Vic

Re: What does "pre-selected" mean?

It means the same thing as saying "pre-approved", which in turn, means absolutely nothing. The term "pre" means "before". The word "selected" surprisingly, actually means "selected". Therefore, if you're "pre-selected", it means PRECISELY... "not yet selected". You have existed in that state of being since the moment you were born. It's a marketing phrase which I consider deceptive- it implies- "OOO! OOO! We are ready and just ITCHING to approve you and send you a card!"

Maybe true, but most likely... NOT.

Cynicism is ugly and painful, but so very often it's less ugly and painful than life.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}