cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does this mean from synchrony bank ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What does this mean from synchrony bank ?

Well I see that it may be this 4506-T form. And sad to say that I will not be allowing them to share my information like that. I don't live far where they mail the letters from so I be getting it any day.
Message 11 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I guess I'll just close them all now? Or wait to make sure that is the letter I am getting which more then likely it is. Sucks cuz I owe them like $15k so there goes my 700 score. Closing card with a balance might just scare off my other cards.
Message 12 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditAddict456 wrote:
So I guess I'll just close them all now? Or wait to make sure that is the letter I am getting which more then likely it is. Sucks cuz I owe them like $15k so there goes my 700 score. Closing card with a balance might just scare off my other cards.

I would not close them down now.  I would figure out a plan from when you get the letter.  If it says you have a certain time frame to respond before you accounts get closed, use that time frame to either BT the debt or get a loan to pay it off.  If you close them now your utilization will shoot up, your score will drop and your other creditors will panic and begin to shut you down. 

Message 13 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditAddict456 wrote:

What percentage of the total available credit is that $15K?

Message 14 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

I looked at my card and I owe like $20k to them and have about $50k total credit from them
Message 15 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditAddict456 wrote:
I looked at my card and I owe like $20k to them and have about $50k total credit from them

That's why they got spooked.

Message 16 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably but why when I been on time payments with them over a year and just paid off few cards a few months ago.
Message 17 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it's bad either way but is there a difference of it showing my accounts were closed by me or the bank to other banks? Cuz if I get this letter I am just gonna close them all right then
Message 18 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditAddict456 wrote:
I know it's bad either way but is there a difference of it showing my accounts were closed by me or the bank to other banks? Cuz if I get this letter I am just gonna close them all right then

It doesn't matter.  If your account is manually reviewed by an underwriter then you can explain it to them but I think that's really rare since most people's approvals or denials are instant.  

Message 19 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think if you let them close them, you get the possibility of them reporting the credit limit on the cards with balances, even though the credit limit is unavailable.  That would help your utilization.

Message 20 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.