Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does this mean?

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

What does this mean?

In order to apply for cc, you should have NO RECENT DEROG. REMARKS?  What do they call recent?  Would 6 months be ok?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What does this mean?

Most of th etime recent is under 2 yrs. I have heard of people being aprroved with less than that on CC's that said this before that app'd. Scare tactics that some, like Chase, use.
Message 2 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

This isn't carved in stone, but a lot of times it's no 30 days within the last 12 months; no 60 or worse within the last 24 months. But no telling with the jitters that the CCC's have been having with the financial uproar.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote: This isn't carved in stone, but a lot of times it's no 30 days within the last 12 months; no 60 or worse within the last 24 months. But no telling with the jitters that the CCC's have been having with the financial uproar.

I guess it is however they feel that day.

*creditor says* Hmmm... I think today we should let people be approved if they don't have a 30 day in 29 days!

Message Edited by jaybee on 01-03-2008 05:12 PM
Message 4 of 5
marty56
Super Contributor

Check www.whogavemecredit.com.  Sometimes people list the age and amount of dreog info on their report.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.