Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does this mean

tag
Rkalynsmith
Regular Contributor

What does this mean

Open/Never late.

Is the high balance good or bad? I paid it off before the statement which it shows but why would it report the balance before i made the payment?

Date Opened: 
10/2013
Date of Status: 
12/2013
Reported Since: 
11/2013
Last Reported Date: 
12/2013

Type: 
Credit card
Terms: 
N/A 
Monthly Payment: 
$5
Responsibility: 
Individual 

Credit Limit: 
$200
High Balance: 
$173 
Recent Balance: 
$5
Recent Payment: 
$168

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 721
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: What does this mean

it is just a report on the maximum you have owed that creditor and has little bearning imho. the thing that will affect you more immediately is your reported utilization, which in this case is the $5 to the right of the report

Message 2 of 6
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

It merely reflects the highest you've ever charged on the card.  Since you paid if off and your recent balance is $5, don't worry about it.

Message 3 of 6
Rkalynsmith
Regular Contributor

Okay thank you guys! 

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 721
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

@Rkalynsmith wrote:
Open/Never late.

Is the high balance good or bad? I paid it off before the statement which it shows but why would it report the balance before i made the payment?

Date Opened: 
10/2013
Date of Status: 
12/2013
Reported Since: 
11/2013
Last Reported Date: 
12/2013

Type: 
Credit card
Terms: 
N/A 
Monthly Payment: 
$5
Responsibility: 
Individual 

Credit Limit: 
$200
High Balance: 
$173 
Recent Balance: 
$5
Recent Payment: 
$168

It may be helpful when you request a CLI as your lender will see you've used nearly all of your available limit but that is very YMMV.  Otherwise, nothing to worry about.

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As the others mentioned, nothing to worry about.  An item to keep in mind, this value is incremental.  So, as you get CLIs that allow you to override the previous High Balance, then the new value will be reported.  It simply gauges the amount of your highest balance reported on that tradeline.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.