Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does this typically mean?

tag
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

Re: What does this typically mean?

Ok I'm definitely gonna give them a call tomorrow, I tried earlier but it was still in process
Message 11 of 19
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@BMW_M-Series wrote:

Every credit card that I havent been instantly approved or instantly declined has always been a decline. I havent had many but ive also read multiple people on here say most of them are declines. But I dont know about discover. I was instantly approved for discover and what ive read from other people may have been for amex, chase, ect. I'm not saying all of them are declines because I know thats not true but with all credit card companies I feel its safe to say the majority of the time its a decline. But hopefully this time it is NOT a decline Smiley Wink

I believe I've received maybe seven or eight instant approvals and that was mostly back when I didn't have any or many accounts. I've obtained multiple cards this year and everyone except one was an instant and every single one of them was approved. I just think it's unneccesary worry just because you get a message saying they need more time. I had two instant with American Express and three "in progress" applications. Chase, one was instant and the other five were "we need more time". One of those just needed verification and it was instant after that, so a human didn't look at it. It's just better to be optimistic about it then to automatically assume it means the worst.

Message 12 of 19
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@BMW_M-Series wrote:

Usually declined, but not always. I would probably call tomorrow. I'm not familiar with discover recon and how easy it is with them. 

I have gotten this numerous times and it is sometimes as simple as verifying my address.

OP, this does not mean an auto decline. If it was an auto decline then you would have known right away. 

Message 13 of 19
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@BMW_M-Series wrote:

Every credit card that I havent been instantly approved or instantly declined has always been a decline. I havent had many but ive also read multiple people on here say most of them are declines. But I dont know about discover. I was instantly approved for discover and what ive read from other people may have been for amex, chase, ect. I'm not saying all of them are declines because I know thats not true but with all credit card companies I feel its safe to say the majority of the time its a decline. But hopefully this time it is NOT a decline Smiley Wink

I believe I've received maybe seven or eight instant approvals and that was mostly back when I didn't have any or many accounts. I've obtained multiple cards this year and everyone except one was an instant and every single one of them was approved. I just think it's unneccesary worry just because you get a message saying they need more time. I had two instant with American Express and three "in progress" applications. Chase, one was instant and the other five were "we need more time". One of those just needed verification and it was instant after that, so a human didn't look at it. It's just better to be optimistic about it then to automatically assume it means the worst.

I got the 5-7 day on Chase when I app'd for the CSP and a couple of hours later the CSP was reporting on my Chase account. 

The message should read "due to the computer not being able to make judgement calls, a human needs to review your application," lol. This way people don't think it's an auto denial. 

I have also read multiple threads lately on people who got the 5-7 or 7-10 day message and was approved. There is hope OP!

Message 14 of 19
BMW_M-Series
New Contributor

this is good to know! i must have had some bad luck in the past with that message so its left a bad taste in my mouth Smiley Happy good luck OP!!

Chase Sapphire Preferred - American Express Platinum - American Express PRG -American Express SPG -American Express BCP - BofA Cash Rewards Visa Siggy - Citi TYP - Discover IT - PenFed Gold

In Garden
Message 15 of 19
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

I got the 5-7 day on Chase when I app'd for the CSP and a couple of hours later the CSP was reporting on my Chase account. 

The message should read "due to the computer not being able to make judgement calls, a human needs to review your application," lol. This way people don't think it's an auto denial. 

I have also read multiple threads lately on people who got the 5-7 or 7-10 day message and was approved. There is hope OP!

It's funny because when you get an instant approval with US Bank they tell you that it may need to be reviewed by someone and they will send a letter if the terms or limit need to be changed.

@BMW_M-Series wrote:

this is good to know! i must have had some bad luck in the past with that message so its left a bad taste in my mouth Smiley Happy good luck OP!!

Of course we'd all like to be told yes or no right away wouldn't we? My mom said that way back when cards first came out, it could take about one month to get it since everything was by mail. We really have it made now.

Message 16 of 19
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

to me if you get 7-10 it means its an maybe you could be borderline. I got them both on my recent discover IT and BCP application and was approved for both. If its an decline you usually get an online decline right after you click submit?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 17 of 19
jomama22

All three of my credit cards gave me a 5-7 day message, either for address verification or just as the process time. All three were approved after a call to cs.
Message 18 of 19
hsu

I received same message last night. I called Discover Card this morning, answered a few questions and instantly was approved and received a $6000 CL. Call them, their service is great.

718 EQ; 694TU; 643EX - Discover It Card - $6000 CL. Only card (so far)
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.