Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What gives Discover

tag
Tomgon1981
Frequent Contributor

What gives Discover

Been a discover card holder almost 2 years starting cl was $1400 had card 8 months high usage paid in full multiple times even carried balance during intro 0% to try and trigger a cli never happened then the bad thing happened they credit limit decreased me I called and asked why they said during a manual review they noticed a collection added to my credit report I said no way so I went to my fico to notice there was a collection that I didn't recognize so long story short it wasn't my collection got it removed off my credit yet damage was done at least for discover they was the only company to make any negative changes to my account fast forward 8 months and they won't even budge me from the $500 that they cld me to when a false collection was put on my report
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
PNW_Hunter
Regular Contributor

Re: What gives Discover

I recommend calling them up and asking for a subsequent manual review. Discover has excellent customer service, and personally I can't blame them for initially taking AA when they see a collections pop up.

Now, I do believe they should reverse their decision based off the false information discovered during their manual review.

Best of luck!
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry I hope they reinstate it. I just don't understand universal default. To me, as long as you're paying the creditor why do they care what you're doing with others. Especially if you have a good history with them.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

just because you're paying one creditor well they still care how you treat others because it could lead to a domino effect and they don't wanna be "next on the list" of not getting paid.

let's say you lose all your household income but have a little money saved. you pay your most important bills first so things like credit cards and stuff like that are among the first on the list to miss payments. so, needless to say, they do and should care.
Message 5 of 10
Tomgon1981
Frequent Contributor

Yes I do understand if the collection was in fact correct I can see that I could understand that but it was a false collection that was immediately fixed once I called the OC and it was deleted within 2 months yet discover has yet to budge on any cli or at least restore my cl if it wasn't my oldest cc I would close it but I'd really like to see them be a little understanding
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

you've told them it was false and fixed and they still won't budge? that's a little strange. i find best results with discover when i am not that sober at night. they're all so nice and understanding lol. won't hurt to try...
Message 7 of 10
Tomgon1981
Frequent Contributor

Well I won't let them do a hp I don't think it's worth a hp to reinstate my cl so that maybe part of it yet I feel if they decreased my credit on a sp they should reinstate it on a sp I know the collection has been removed for months so I'm sure they have sp'ed me since then and still won't budge it's a little aggravating maybe I should wait till my 2 year anniversary with the card which will be February and see what they can do
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

or drunk call... that wasn't a joke lol
Message 9 of 10
Tomgon1981
Frequent Contributor

Lol I might give that a try sometime
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.