Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened? Discover More, need shoulder to cry on

tag
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Re: What happened? Discover More, need shoulder to cry on

Awww ((((( wiwend )))))) I know you were anxious for the countrysides More too! =(

Your EX is 710 - that is STILL good considering 75% americans have LESS than that! (EQ Score Analysis)

I would definately wait till you recieve the letter of decline with reason THAN use it to pull your EX hard copy, and re-post on here for us to help with that baddie =)

I dont think Discover denied you for 32% utl.. though, it DOES increase your risk level at this time. What kind of derog did you have from 02?

yes Capital One Card lab allows you to upload any picture on your new card!

BUT they pull all 3 so I stay away from them
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

My derog was student loan from before my divorce (which is when I got my act somewhat together and consolidated them). It looked like I had 12 or 14 loans, because there was one from each semester, too hard to keep track of which was which, had no money of my own, and ignored them, hoping they'd go away. Smiley Sad I consolidated five years ago, never late, but they'll be on until Dec. 09., and I don't think there's any way to get them off.

My util will report at 12% or so for Feb. IF it's updated, and I'm also waiting for some things to get corrected on my EX, they had my social wrong and I have a cousin with the same name, different spelling, different middle name, and they had a lot of instances of my name misspelled. I'm going to hold off on getting another report until maybe March or so, and hopefully everything will be updated by then and my scores will be up.

My 32% util was from Christmas, trying to be a good American and keep the economy going. Smiley Very Happy

I think I'm going to avoid CapOne, and chill for a while with my new WaMu Smiley Happy
It's all good, I feel better now with a few pats on the back from everyone here.  <I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like me.> Smiley Tongue

Message 12 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

You know, you have enough stuff going on that I would think about asking for a recon. Once your new util posts, pull your scores, call them up, get a rep on the phone to give you a fax number, and fax the new scores in, and see if they'd be willing to give it another look.

I hate that you didn't get the card! For a while there, it looked like Discover was starting to follow American Express and open the doors a little wider, but they've pretty obviously closed them again. I took them off my list once I saw how drastically they had reduced their cashback stuff, and now I'm getting a bit worried about whether they will let me switch from AU to joint if I decide to. They told me in November that it was done on request of the original cardholder, but someone has since posted that they're making the AU do a full app to switch to joint, and it's not automatic.

So I guess it's not just you, but I'm sorry you took the bullet. I'd still go for a recon, though. Good luck!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 19
score_building
Senior Contributor

wow, been trying to re-post on this thread all day, but kept getting 'cant display page' msg at two different locations, driving me batty
Anyway, wiwend- just want to offer up consent of score_building on the bling factor held by the Irish country side discover it truly showcases a breath taking pic, it's a beautiful card 4 sure.  I see what you were working with-  bottom line:  you'll get it soon enough or do better.  you're funny tho'!
there's something that already feels oddly dated about the personalized pic cards that cap 1 has only fairly recently launched, but it is prolly just me, i want a micro chip with home video enclosed in mine, or preferably a cli on my whopping 500 cl Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by score_building on 01-29-2008 08:36 PM

Message Edited by score_building on 01-29-2008 08:39 PM

Message Edited by score_building on 01-29-2008 08:40 PM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sorry to hear that you could not get what you want.
You know what, there is always new CC comes out. 
You never know, you may find better card than what you wanted this time. 

Look at me ... I try to improve my score but some how it just going round and round like a marry-go-round.  Because I has been apply for a new card once a year to transfer the balance by taking the offer came in the mail.  Which was 0% Intro APR for 12 mo on purchase and BT, no BT fees. 
So, my score does not go no where, stays in between 700 and 750.  My first goal is to pass 750.

Put your Chin-up!!  Take care.
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't give up.  Discover DOES do recon, trust me I know.  It can't hurt to give em a call and maybe ask for a different product if it will help.
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all-

So I got my rejection letter from Discover yesterday, and just as we all expected, it was due to my student loan delinquency. Along with a long list of things I should do to improve my credit score (WTH? All that's been done in the last five years) there was also a nice closing paragraph inviting me to apply again in the future. So I think I'll wait a bit, pull my reports again in a month or so, and then recon. Hopefully by then the corrections to my EX will be there. Should I ask for a manual review? Or how should I work it? There's really nothing more I can do to improve my score other than age the derog (which won't go away for almost two years yet) and pay my util down even more.

Then again, in a month, I may decide I don't want it anyway. Smiley Happy We'll see.

ETA: How long do I have to request a report from Experian after I received the decline letter? If I don't have to pay for it, I'll take it so I can see if there's anything else I can chip away at. I'd like to hold off as long as possible because I actually just sent in corrections this week and would like to give them time to be updated. I know they're not that fast, so I need to know the outer limit for requesting it.

Thank you all!

wiwend 

Message Edited by wiwend on 01-30-2008 03:04 PM
Message 17 of 19
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

wiwend wrote:
Hello all-

So I got my rejection letter from Discover yesterday, and just as we all expected, it was due to my student loan delinquency. Along with a long list of things I should do to improve my credit score (WTH? All that's been done in the last five years) there was also a nice closing paragraph inviting me to apply again in the future. So I think I'll wait a bit, pull my reports again in a month or so, and then recon. Hopefully by then the corrections to my EX will be there. Should I ask for a manual review? Or how should I work it? There's really nothing more I can do to improve my score other than age the derog (which won't go away for almost two years yet) and pay my util down even more.

Then again, in a month, I may decide I don't want it anyway. Smiley Happy We'll see.

ETA: How long do I have to request a report from Experian after I received the decline letter? If I don't have to pay for it, I'll take it so I can see if there's anything else I can chip away at. I'd like to hold off as long as possible because I actually just sent in corrections this week and would like to give them time to be updated. I know they're not that fast, so I need to know the outer limit for requesting it.

Thank you all!

wiwend 

I am pretty sure its 30-60 days after receipt of the letter.. it should have it stated on the back of it "Your Rights under FCRA" something of that sort.

Call EX on the toll free hotline dont go online, and have your hard mailed to you over phone when you do get it!!
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

SonorityGenius wrote:

I am pretty sure its 30-60 days after receipt of the letter.. it should have it stated on the back of it "Your Rights under FCRA" something of that sort.

Call EX on the toll free hotline dont go online, and have your hard mailed to you over phone when you do get it!!

Thanks! I'll take a look!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.