Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to Chase Sapphire

tag
jim44
Established Contributor

Re: What happened to Chase Sapphire

I recieved a postcard in the mail concerning a class action against Chase.  It's usually something to do about overcharging CC accts with excessive fines or late fees or whatever. So far I've received these postcards for BOA, Chase, First Union (years ago... received a check for $.97) Wells Fargo concerning an old mortgage Direct Merchants Bank and Fleet.  Same ole same ole. bank pays fine to but never admits guilt. Lawyers make out like bandits and consumers receive check for less than $10 or a gift card, 2 month gym membership etc..... Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@jim44 wrote:

I recieved a postcard in the mail concerning a class action against Chase.  It's usually something to do about overcharging CC accts with excessive fines or late fees or whatever. So far I've received these postcards for BOA, Chase, First Union (years ago... received a check for $.97) Wells Fargo concerning an old mortgage Direct Merchants Bank and Fleet.  Same ole same ole. bank pays fine to but never admits guilt. Lawyers make out like bandits and consumers receive check for less than $10 or a gift card, 2 month gym membership etc..... Smiley Happy

Banks are the biggest crooks there are to be honest.. They just get fined and continue the same practices in a different manner and get slapped time after time, but no one ever goes to jail or rarely does.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sunkissed wrote:

I know that Chase is no longer taking applications for the Sapphire, but I thought they were letting people PC to it still.  907grown, have you checked with Chase to see if you can pc your CSP to the Sapphire?

I'd PC it to a Freedom if the Interest rate stays the same.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.