cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens to our Amex TE cards if Costco and Amex divorce?

tag
celluloid17
Established Contributor

Re: What happens to our Amex TE cards if Costco and Amex divorce?

@weehoo wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

@weehoo wrote:

The TE card has a pretty lackluster reward program so it shouldn't be a huge loss to cardholders

I actually think they have a pretty decent rewards program.  3% back on gas purchases (4% if you have a business membership), 2% on restaurants and all travel expenses, 1% everything else.  The only drawback is that you only get your cashback in the form of a Costco check once a year that can be cashed out at any Costco.  For a no AF Amex (if you don't count the annual Costco membership), it's a pretty decent card to have and use.

Its hardly anything to write home about but to each their own. 

Given your impressive credit card portfolio, the TE really is nothing special. Smiley Tongue

Message 51 of 52
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

Re: What happens to our Amex TE cards if Costco and Amex divorce?

@celluloid17 wrote:

@weehoo wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

@weehoo wrote:

The TE card has a pretty lackluster reward program so it shouldn't be a huge loss to cardholders

I actually think they have a pretty decent rewards program.  3% back on gas purchases (4% if you have a business membership), 2% on restaurants and all travel expenses, 1% everything else.  The only drawback is that you only get your cashback in the form of a Costco check once a year that can be cashed out at any Costco.  For a no AF Amex (if you don't count the annual Costco membership), it's a pretty decent card to have and use.

Its hardly anything to write home about but to each their own. 

I can see how it wouldn't be for someone who has over a quarter million dollars in available credit. Given your impressive credit card portfolio, the TE really is nothing special. Smiley Tongue

lol. that is a possibility. 

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 52 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.