Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens when credit card expires?

tag
markymark313
Valued Member

What happens when credit card expires?

This is my first and only credit card. It is a chase card. I opened this account in November 208 and it will expire in November 2010. Am I supposed to call and keep the card open when that time approaches? I started with a $500 limit and now I'm at a $2000 limit, I never asked for increases in credit limit. I know it's good for you credit report to have a long history with accounts.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pattycake
Established Contributor

Re: What happens when credit card expires?

@markymark313 wrote:
This is my first and only credit card. It is a chase card. I opened this account in November 208 and it will expire in November 2010. Am I supposed to call and keep the card open when that time approaches? I started with a $500 limit and now I'm at a $2000 limit, I never asked for increases in credit limit. I know it's good for you credit report to have a long history with accounts.

Chase will mail you a new card about three weeks before the end of the month (Nov.). 
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 2 of 4
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@markymark313 wrote:

They usually send you a new card about 3-4 weeks before your old card expires, providing you are in good standing with them. Congrats on a good card with a nice cli.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometime as much as 3 months before expiration.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.