Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens when you go over your CL?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What happens when you go over your CL?

I maxed out my 5k Discover and right now I am at $-9.00

I definitely screwed up big time. Will Discover close my account for good or punish me because I maxed it out? Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Re: What happens when you go over your CL?

@Anonymous wrote:

I maxed out my 5k Discover and right now I am at $-9.00

I definitely screwed up big time. Will Discover close my account for good or punish me because I maxed it out? Smiley Sad

Can you make an immediate payment? It's usually pretty slow to update online. I would call customer service, have them expedite a payment to account and apologize. I made an error, used the wrong card...whatever.  Make sure to pay enough to cushion OTL fee (if customer service cannot waive it).

Geez...now is not the time....especially having a large balance subject to a rate jack. Nor a good time for maxing out accounts. Any balance above 60% CL imho is not positive. Be careful and good luck!

Message Edited by ocheosa on 06-12-2009 11:47 PM
[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What happens when you go over your CL?

Score-wise, you'll take a significant hit, maybe about 20 points or so on top of whatever damage you had from utilization. However, once the lower balance reports, you will fully recover.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.