Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What have you "wasted" a HP on?

tag
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: What have you "wasted" a HP on?

i was aproved but lowes (500) i get 10% off for being a veteran, card has no use i three months

Message 11 of 85
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Tried to get a consolidation loan from Penfed. Declined for outstanding balances...

lol, that is the whole reason you are apping for a "consolidated loan" Smiley Tongue what, did they want you at 1% utilz. lmao

Message 12 of 85
Danizzle
New Contributor

Last year I thought I wanted in with Capital One, and not knowing as much as I do know, I responded to a pre qualified mailer for the Platinum card. I was triple pulled and declined.

When I was approved for the QS, at least according to Credit Karma, I was triple pulled again but they removed the inquiry from last year and added the new one.

All FICO scores as of 9.1.14: Exp 744, Eq 745, TU 764
Goal: 800+ across the board
Message 13 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays NFL card - denied, waste bc I realized I didnt want or need that particular card from them a couple weeks later.

Victorias Secret and Paypal Smart Connect - approved, waste bc neither cards serve any purpose and weren't needed. Was approval hungry in the first couple days of my credit journey Smiley Tongue Live and learn

Capital One Platinum -  approved then PC to QS, waste bc I'm not in the mood to play the heavy usage game with a $300 toy limit card or continue begging the EO for an increase now that Chase has been so kind to me so I doubt the 6th statement increase will be much. All three are on the chopping block for February Smiley LOL

Message 14 of 85
Bluebonnet
New Contributor

Smiley IndifferentDiscover CLI.  It always stings a little more when you knew you probably shouldn't have.

Last app: 10/4/14
In the garden until Winter of 2016
Message 15 of 85
I_need_720
Regular Contributor

I have two  HP that were  waste of time based on the outcome of the apps:

1. Overstock Secured MasterCard - denied by FNBO because of too many recent inquiries- ridiculous for a secured card!

2. Capital One - approved me for a card with a generous $300 CL. Have been customer for 3 years with a secured which had a $2500 of money tied up for 2.5 years, and a 8 month old QS with a $750 CL. No missed or late payment - all cards including Barclays PIF every month. Two of my Barclays cards are $3k+ CL's and the other two double what Cap one has provided. What a  joke! I did not activate the card and they agreed to cancel the account and remove it from CR in 60 days.

br>Current Scores: EQ: 629 EX: 654 TU: 682 on 12/30/2014 from myFico
Starting Scores: EQ: 640 EX: 672 TU: 663 on 08/26/2014 from myFico
Goal Scores: 750+

In the Garden till October 2015 - Last App November 13, 2014
Message 16 of 85
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Back when I had no credit, I was dumb enough to think I could get a student loan with Discover but that failed and I remember trying to get their student card another time and didn't get at the time because of lack of banking history.

As of more recently, feel like I wasted a HP on Barclays, the Citi Double Cash card, and Paypal Credit.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 17 of 85
elim
Senior Contributor

Denied by Discover (times two)...

So I should smack myself 2 times for being an IDIOT and applying unprepared twice.

Message 18 of 85
nmbrsgrl
Contributor

Citibank. I applied knowing I have too many inquiries, 3 New accounts, and a charge off. My charge off falls off in December and and I just need to be patient!

Starting Score: 582
Current Score: EQ658|TU654|EX640 as of 10/19/15
Goal Score: 720+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 85
One7
Valued Contributor

I wasted 5 EX HPs on Amex before I was finally approved. I should have been much more patient, long before I was well read in myfico.com and I also wasted a couple on Best Buy last year and was denied both times, I no longer want the card so I'm ok with it but wasted HPs on EX once again. Finally about a couple months back on a US Bank Flex Perks application... I was denied but we WILL meet again next Summer. I may just PC my current US Bank card to it though if it'll ever get a CLI. All HPs were on my badly INQ beaten EX report. Somehow still my highest score though

Edit: Oh and about 4 on Wells Fargo applications during the past two years. They just don't want anything to do with me, once again all on EX

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 20 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.