Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What have you "wasted" a HP on?

tag
alexia26
Established Member

Re: What have you "wasted" a HP on?

I applied for crediit increase for discover i turned a year with them this month. l agree it was a waste of a hard pull but i did get cli increases one from freedom and one from everyday amex and i didn't have them as long as discover. i thought about closing this card i don't see a point in having the card anymore sometimes..

Message 31 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't believe I forgot my Citi TYP. I apped before I knew the double cash was coming out. Now I have a wasted preapproval letter for the Double Cash, but I'm in the garden for another 6 months Smiley Sad

Not to mention the low starting limit they gave me

Message 32 of 85
Involver
Valued Contributor

requested cli on best buy rzmc (denied)

Requested cli on discover it.. Got 500 dollars.
Message 33 of 85
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Chase Disney - two HP's (I forget who) but they will hit the 2 yr mark this Dec and drop off!

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 34 of 85
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

Andrews FCU... HP just for joining. Didn't even end up getting anything from them. Also lost my $5 deposit for no activity after a while. That was just the final kick in the $&@!.

TU - 850 (BOA TU08 FICO/Barclay TU08), 831 (CK FAKO)
EQ - 870 (CITI FICO), 848 (ATFCU FICO), 831 (CK FAKO)
EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 35 of 85
ray8806
Regular Contributor

Within the past month?

Being completely new to credit and applying for Chase Freedom, Barclay Rewards MC, and AmEx Green. But I don't plan to apply for anything else for a while so hopefully they won't affect me too much

EQ: 710(FICO) EX: 695(FICO) TU: 708(FICO)
Message 36 of 85
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Took a chance on Chase Freedom. Completed the app online the other day and got the "further review" notification. I'm not sure how this one will play out being that I'm rebuilding. Just waiting it out for their response. I have a couple of new accounts and a few inquiries (TU with the most at 5). Not sure which score they look at. If denied, it'll be the one I'll try again for next year. 

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 37 of 85
flawesome
Contributor

At the heels of my Sallie Mae approval, I foolishly apped for the cash+ even though my 4 new accounts, 7 inquiries, and short credit history, and short work history would pretty much guarantie that I would be denied. Approvals make me cocky though ><

Hunckering down in the garden for 8 months until I try that one again.

| BoA BBR 5k | Discover it 1k | freedom 2.2k | Fidelity AMEX 1.5k | Sallie Mae 1k | AARP 2.2k | BJ's PPlus 3.7k |
Message 38 of 85
Nw2Fico

Although not a card and still received service, but Verizon Wireless. I switched from ATT

Message 39 of 85
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

Wasted all my HP's on CLI requests LOL. NO REGRETS! Great learning experience (never doing that again) LOL

Message 40 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.