cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What if I close my Capital One 360 Account?

tag
Insoc
New Contributor

What if I close my Capital One 360 Account?

I have had a Capital One 360 Account for sometime, was transferred over from ING Direct prior.  I have not used the account in over a year, and had a $2 balance but recently withdrawed funds to $0 in order to close it.  Well recently I applied for a Capital One QS CC and got a $2K CL and it appeard as a line item in my Capital One 360 Account.  Not much you can do with it other than see balance, CL and rewards.  That is you still need to create an account at a different site.

Question is, would there be any negatives in closing my Capital One 360 account in relation to the recently awarded CC?  I just don't want to red flag them as I'm trying to rebuild my credit.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What if I close my Capital One 360 Account?

@Insoc wrote:

I have had a Capital One 360 Account for sometime, was transferred over from ING Direct prior.  I have not used the account in over a year, and had a $2 balance but recently withdrawed funds to $0 in order to close it.  Well recently I applied for a Capital One QS CC and got a $2K CL and it appeard as a line item in my Capital One 360 Account.  Not much you can do with it other than see balance, CL and rewards.  That is you still need to create an account at a different site.

Question is, would there be any negatives in closing my Capital One 360 account in relation to the recently awarded CC?  I just don't want to red flag them as I'm trying to rebuild my credit.

Doubtful.

Message 2 of 5
FatBank
New Contributor

I use 360 for my primary banking. The linked CC balances is just a convenience of seeing all your Capital One accounts on one dashboard. As you stated the login is actually separate so there should be no negative effect by canceling.

Starting Score: Fico TU 571 (11/21/12)
Current Score: Fico EX 719 (04/23/14) Fico EQ 681 (04/18/14) Fico TU 713 (03/31/14)
Goal Score: 720+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

@FatBank wrote:

I use 360 for my primary banking. The linked CC balances is just a convenience of seeing all your Capital One accounts on one dashboard. As you stated the login is actually separate so there should be no negative effect by canceling.

Same here. I don't think it''ll affect you in any way, OP. 

Message 4 of 5
Insoc
New Contributor

Thanks to all, I just called and closed it.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.