Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What if..

tag
megaman1
Regular Contributor

What if..

What if the highest credit line of your card/s get discontinued because a lender decided that certain product is no longer making them the profits they want to see. How will you deal with the loss and how will it affect you on your credit report? And any chances of a PC?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: What if..

@megaman1 wrote:

What if the highest credit line of your card/s get discontinued because a lender decided that certain product is no longer making them the profits they want to see. How will you deal with the loss and how will it affect you on your credit report? And any chances of a PC?

if a product is discontinued, you may be able to PC to something else.

Otherwise, just apply for something else. Assuming your credit profile stays the same or has improved since that app, other banks will gladly issue you the same, if not higher CL.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 7
parkman
Regular Contributor

DW has this old BofA "Perks Advantage Mastercard" that they no longer offer, and haven't offered for a very long time. She got a letter the other day starting that they were discontinuing the card, and will send a Cash Rewards card as a replacement. I know they have 3 different kinds, and she carries a balance on this one, so I'm hoping she gets the Better Balance Rewards one, but I digress. 

Anyway, anecdotally, it looks like when a creditor decides to eliminate a product that you currently have, they'll send you a replacement from their current lineup of cards that they offer, generally an equivalent if I had to guess. 

All I have for this forum is bubblegum and anecdotal evidence, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Message 3 of 7
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@parkman wrote:

DW has this old BofA "Perks Advantage Mastercard" that they no longer offer, and haven't offered for a very long time. She got a letter the other day starting that they were discontinuing the card, and will send a Cash Rewards card as a replacement. I know they have 3 different kinds, and she carries a balance on this one, so I'm hoping she gets the Better Balance Rewards one, but I digress. 

Anyway, anecdotally, it looks like when a creditor decides to eliminate a product that you currently have, they'll send you a replacement from their current lineup of cards that they offer, generally an equivalent if I had to guess. 

The Cash Rewards, Travel Rewards and Better Balance Rewards are three distinct cards.  If they say they are sending your DW the Cash Rewards card, then I think it is pretty clear that is what she will be getting.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 4 of 7
parkman
Regular Contributor

I coulda sworn all three were known as "Cash Rewards" and that they were just different kinds. Eh...

All I have for this forum is bubblegum and anecdotal evidence, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Message 5 of 7
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Have you considered having DW call in and request the BBR instead of the 3-2-1 card?

FICO Scores 800+
Message 6 of 7
parkman
Regular Contributor

Yeah that's what I'll probably do. She's not one to call in, social anxiety and whatnot, so we'll probably use the online chat feature.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.