Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Barclay's CLI policy

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: What is Barclay's CLI policy

Thanks everyone for all your posts. This is really helpful.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had posted my own thread about this. Long story short, I called in for the APR decrease the other week at 5 months and got it. They then told me I'm eligible for a CLI increase and I got that as well. No hard pull. Seems 5-6 months is the right amount of time.

Message 12 of 16
pt91978
Regular Contributor

The APR reduction method will not work if you are in the 0% apr intro, correct?  Because I called at 6 months, and again at 8 months, denied both times, told me that they could not reduce my APR because I was still in the 0% intro promotion.

Message 13 of 16
Chris679
Established Contributor

I think you answered your own question
Message 14 of 16
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@pt91978 wrote:

The APR reduction method will not work if you are in the 0% apr intro, correct?  Because I called at 6 months, and again at 8 months, denied both times, told me that they could not reduce my APR because I was still in the 0% intro promotion.

If they reduced you any further, you would go into negative apr, which means THEY would owe YOU money for the honor and privilege of using THERE card! Lol

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 15 of 16
redpat
Senior Contributor

From what I hear, they give you a CLI, you use it and then thay give you a CLD for more than they gave you a CLI. 

Oops, sorry didn't see creditcontractor post.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.