Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is CCSMC SPECTRUM/CBSD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is CCSMC SPECTRUM/CBSD

I got an alert today that a new account showed up on my credit report from CCSMC SPECTRUM/CBSD.  I googled it and it seems to be a Citi card, found references on some other sites to this showing up on reports as a new account people didn't know about.  I have not opened any new accounts in years.  I'll call Citi but want to know what that it is actually them.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is CCSMC SPECTRUM/CBSD

Do you have a Macy's card?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I have never had a Macy's card or any other store or gas card.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called Citi at that number and since I didn't have a card number she said she couldn't help.  I called the number on my Diamond Preferred card and he said they only show my Diamond and Platinum Select cards.

He got me a supervisor and he couldn't find anything else either.  He then transfered me to the Sear's card department because the "CCSMC" sounded like it could be a Sear's Master Card.  This woman DID find the card with the last 4 digits that showed up on my alert but, she said it is a Diamond Preferred card.  Those numbers do not match either of my cards.

I had her cancel it and I filed a dispute with Experian that it was not mine.  I need to do the same with MyFico/Equifax. 

Message Edited by PittsburgPamela on 07-14-2008 08:33 PM
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called 1-866-510-2761 to remove the account from my credit reports, not just close it (may lower your score again). First, the rep said she couldn't do it, and then I suggested her to ask her manager. She came back and agreeed to 'remove' it. I should reveive the confirmation letter in a few days. They sent the letter/card to my previous address, so I never recived them.
Message 6 of 7
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Are they backdating these accounts or are they making it look like a brand new account was opened?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.