Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Cap1's problem?! arghhhhh!!!

tag
OntheHorizon
Valued Member

What is Cap1's problem?! arghhhhh!!!

Man I am so sick of them.  I've had a Platinum Mastercard from them since 11/06; maybe 1 30 day late and only once over the limit, by like $20.  Currently 0 balance, but every time I call backdoor and ask for CLI, not available blah blah blah.  Especially frustrating when I read of other's success at CLIs.  Do I have one of those cards that max limit is $500?  If so then why the he** won' they tell me that when I call?  I'm glad the balance is zero, I'm not using it ever again until they give me a CLI  !!!!!!!
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: What is Cap1's problem?! arghhhhh!!!

Why dont you get another card from a different company and close this account with CapOne? No point in torturing your self.
Message 2 of 18
OntheHorizon
Valued Member

I do have others, however this is my oldest and my scores definitely can't afford the hit if I close it.
Message 3 of 18
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Your credit score will not hurt because you close this account. This account will remain on your CR for next 10 years. Or if there is no AF on the card, then just simply sock drawer it and forget about it. Trust me, I have similar problem with BOA. I have all kind of accounts with them and they would never give me biz credit card or biz loan. I stopped thinking about it as it is the best way to forget about it.
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

OntheHorizon wrote:
Man I am so sick of them.  I've had a Platinum Mastercard from them since 11/06; maybe 1 30 day late and only once over the limit, by like $20.  Currently 0 balance, but every time I call backdoor and ask for CLI, not available blah blah blah.  Especially frustrating when I read of other's success at CLIs.  Do I have one of those cards that max limit is $500?  If so then why the he** won' they tell me that when I call?  I'm glad the balance is zero, I'm not using it ever again until they give me a CLI  !!!!!!!

I believe most of the people getting the increases did so without any derog's on their account. I can't see many lender's granting a CLI with a 30 day late and OL happening. Try to keep the account paid on time for a few more months and then see. And, if not, sock drawer them. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope-
Capone is my biggest derog on my CR- 

They 10X my CL less than a year after being 60 late-

My advice to the OP is to use the card and PIF-

stef37 wrote:

OntheHorizon wrote:

I believe most of the people getting the increases did so without any derog's on their account. I can't see many lender's granting a CLI with a 30 day late and OL happening. Try to keep the account paid on time for a few more months and then see. And, if not, sock drawer them. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 18
smallfry
Senior Contributor

IF you have a $500 limit on that Cap One card it most assuredly is of the sub prime variety. Had them myself. It will never grow. Some people think having an open cc on their reports with a low limit like that hurts getting good limits on new credit cards. I dunno. Sockdrawer or close. I prefer to close stuff that aggravates me and since it isn't that old it wouldn't hurt the score much if at all.
Message 7 of 18
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Just get another Capone...(lol)  that's funny!!  card and combine them.  Then wait 60 days and apply for another card.  It worked for me.  I made sure I got the "above average credit" catagory and the max CL on my new card, according to the application is $15k.  It started at $750 so we'll see how long it takes to go up.  With Capone, my experience has been that they don't care about anything but making your payments on time.  I even got a CLI on a $500 card with a $465 balance.  They don't even really care about going over your CL.  But if you're late ONE time, that's your a** for at least a year.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 8 of 18
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Since Capital One has started pulling all three bureaus for cards I wouldn't touch any of their products. They do have a prime card or two and I understand there is a benefit if you travel overseas. Still I wouldn't go near them again.
Message 9 of 18
OntheHorizon
Valued Member

Thanks for the response guys.  I have 4 other cards, all at least $1000 limits.  My Creditone is $750; I just find it ridiculous that other cards start me out at higher limits right out the gate, and yet cap1 is still my lowest even though I've had it the longest out of all.  Now I'm starting to understand why some around here call them "crap1"!  No more inquiries for me; I think I'll just keep them in the sock drawer for a while, screw 'em.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.