cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Cap1's problem?! arghhhhh!!!

tag
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: What is Cap1's problem?! arghhhhh!!!

The popular theory around here is that Capital One likes to see A LOT of usage and PIF for CLIs.
Here we go again...
Message 11 of 18
Niki9
Regular Contributor

unknown_entity wrote:
Just get another Capone...(lol)  that's funny!!  card and combine them.  Then wait 60 days and apply for another card.  It worked for me.  I made sure I got the "above average credit" catagory and the max CL on my new card, according to the application is $15k.  It started at $750 so we'll see how long it takes to go up.  With Capone, my experience has been that they don't care about anything but making your payments on time.  I even got a CLI on a $500 card with a $465 balance.  They don't even really care about going over your CL.  But if you're late ONE time, that's your a** for at least a year.

Am I to understand you correctly, you had a cap1 card, applied for another and combined the 2 cards.  Then you waited 60 day and applied for another cap1 card?  - did you combine this one, too?

Message 12 of 18
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Niki9 wrote:

Am I to understand you correctly, you had a cap1 card, applied for another and combined the 2 cards.  Then you waited 60 day and applied for another cap1 card?  - did you combine this one, too?

Yes, got one Cap One card in 07/2007 (started at 300 CL and was at 1000) and one in 10/2007(started at 300 and was at 1600).  Combined those two in 02/2008 for a total CL of 2600 and I just got another one yesterday CL is 750.  I don't think I'd attempt anymore combinations.  I'm probably pushing my luck with Cap One as it is.   lol
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont think there's any formula to get CLI with them. I gave up.
Message 14 of 18
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Here's what I did.  It's worked for many on here. Started with a 300 CL, I made my first 3 payments, then called the backdoor number after the 3rd payment posted and got a 300 CLI. When the credit steps hit right before the 4th statement cut, I got an auto CLI of 500.  That gave me 1100 total.  I waited until the 5th payment posted and called again and they gave me another 500 for a 1600 total.  But, since I've combined those two cards, I haven't been able to get a CLI and I called about one a few times. 
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to combine my 2 capones cards one visa one MC they wont combine unless there both MC or visa wont combine MC and visa
Message 16 of 18
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

genewal wrote:
I tried to combine my 2 capones cards one visa one MC they wont combine unless there both MC or visa wont combine MC and visa

Call back and get and get another person.  They combined them for me.  One was a M/C and the other a Visa.  Call one of the backdoor numbers.  If you call 10 different times, you'll get 10 different people...lol.  Someone will do it eventually. Smiley Wink
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know why they are that way, but I found them extremely unhelpful too. I ended my relationship with them after they wouldn't end their annual fee charges.

Only once in my long relationship with them was a phone call was helpful (except for when I closed my account). Most of the time it wasn't. However, my wallet was stolen after being with them for 1.5 yrs, and when I got a replacement card by phone they increased my credit limit. I think it probably happened that way because they wanted me to spend more and get more interest from me, as I was a revolver at the time. Not saying get your wallet stolen...but that's how it happened for me. Just dumb luck I suppose.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.