cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Discover's NON Bonus, Base Cashback Percentage??

tag
BlueHusky
Contributor

What is Discover's NON Bonus, Base Cashback Percentage??

Hey all, quick question - what's the "everyday purchase" casback for discover card? I use the 5% categories, and for my last two statements that has worked well. But for the "regular cashback" purchases, it's so low and I can't figure out if that's normal? For my January statement, I had around $225 of non bonus purchases, and received 56 cents cashback. For this month, I spent a little over $100 and received 24 cents. That's calculating out to be about 0.25% cashback...is it realy that low for non-bonus purchases??

Starting Score: 583 (CreditKarma, 2009)
Current Score: 783 (Walmart Free FICO, March 20, 2012), 774 (Equifax, BoA Pull, 2/20/13)
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

Re: What is Discover's NON Bonus, Base Cashback Percentage??

yep thats correct. Call and change the card to the It and it will be 1%

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 2 of 6
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Ditto. On the Discover More card you had to spend $3,000 per year before a 1% bonus kicked in.

PC to the It card (a very easy process) and you'll get 1% from the beginning of your next statement period -- plus the same 5% special categories you're getting now.

Other perks on the It card, too.

Message 3 of 6
BlueHusky
Contributor

Is it a hard pull to go to the Discover It?Thanks for the advice!

Current Score: 783 (Walmart Free FICO, March 20, 2012), 774 (Equifax, BoA Pull, 2/20/13)

Message 4 of 6
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Nope. If you already have another Discover card, it's not an HP to make the switch.

At least that's true when switching from More to It. Very easy process -- no questions about financial data; just moving your account from one card type to the other.

Message 5 of 6
BlueHusky
Contributor

I don't know what mine is? It's just plain.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.