Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is IberiaBank? Good sign or bad? LOL

tag
RyVision
Valued Contributor

What is IberiaBank? Good sign or bad? LOL

One of the cards recomended for me among AMEX-SPG-BlueSky-Delta-Costco,  And Chase Freedom was "IberiaBank-Gold Cash Back Rewards", is that a subprime or a "prime" card (like AMEX or Chase?).  It was one of the few I didn't recognize so wondered if anyone knew.  

I got the one I wanted, AMEX Blue, so obviously wouldn't be applying. The Iberiabank thing just sounded (name wise) like FirstPremier level stuff.

As a side, due to the card being pushed my direction on all the sites I use to get a feel for where I MIGHT stand, I DID find out we're going to get a Costco soon in my travel area, so that could be next on my list eventuallly (AMEX' TrueEarnings Card I think).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
android01
Valued Contributor

Re: What is IberiaBank? Good sign or bad? LOL

Iberia is considered super prime and very difficult to get, IIRC.

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 2 of 15
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Thanks Android01 !  Smiley Happy

That really kind of shocks me then, being it's been on or near the top of lists of recommended cards for a couple months, from sites I check out of curiosity.

Makes me wonder if I would have been approved for the BCP with the same CL (3.5k) etc that AMEX gave me with Blue....   Oh well, it's still an AMEX revolver and that was my goal for the year lol.   I really didn't want to go with anyone else being I was worried about it slashing my AAoA, at least with AMEX that isn't much of a concern. 

That's why I wouldn't let the BoA CSR do an app for me for a new card with them, just PC'd the old one I had to the 1-2-3 CashRewards.  Finally after asking last year and being told no,  they said I was eligible when I called last month. Still with the same 500CL and AF and now more of a chance of dumping them next spring. Still rewarded me with an HP for the CLI request though. Smiley Frustrated

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 3 of 15
FrugalRican
Blogger

Funny, I've heard of IberiaBank, but I didn't know it was a New Orleans bank.

1% cashback on every purchase.

http://www.iberiabank.com/personal/credit-cards/visa-gold.html

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 4 of 15
RyVision
Valued Contributor

I've barely heard of them, and very little on here about them (almost nothing).   I mostly remember the name from being suggested to me or in articles and maybe a few ads in the past.   I almost never get offers in the mail from anyone, just FP (yeah right lol) and OneMain (again, are they kidding?).  And as far as I know, my reports aren't frozen or whatever, at least I didn't do it that ICR.  And the only card I've been denied was BCP last Nov.  All other apps have been approved. Makes me wonder if they actually CAN see what I file for taxes instead of what I tell them (actual gross is often over twice what I state as income), I'm pretty sure that's not possible though.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 5 of 15
FrugalRican
Blogger

I'll be honest, I always thought they were a European bank, heh.

I get offers from Orchard Bank and First Premier all the time. It really helps to lighten up my mood on a dark and gloomy day.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FrugalRican wrote:

I'll be honest, I always thought they were a European bank, heh.

I get offers from Orchard Bank and First Premier all the time. It really helps to lighten up my mood on a dark and gloomy day.

Plus those Orchard and FP offers help keep the shredder satisfied so it does not start eating things you need to read first Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 15
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@FrugalRican wrote:

Iberia Bank was founded in the parish of New Iberia in Louisiana, a lot of folks down there use them, so its a fairly regional sort of bank.

(Applies to Visa Select, Visa Classic, Visa Gold, and Visa Platinum Products)

Requirements include, but are not limited to:

Minimum 6 months length of employment with current employer

Please consider credit status when applying —

Excellent Credit Required (As a minimum guideline, Excellent Credit may refer to a credit history free of derogatory information, including current or past delinquency, bankruptcy, and/or collections )

Verification of information provided by applicant will be performed; additional documentation may be required. (Verifications apply to, but are not limited to, employment, identity, and information furnished by the credit reporting agencies)

Proof of Income is required on both the applicant and co-applicant (if applicable) to complete an application - IBERIABANK will contact you to obtain this information.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 8 of 15
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

They need better looking cards!!! Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Kevin.. being based in New Orleans they should have Mardi Gras cards, which would have either beads or...

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.