Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is IberiaBank? Good sign or bad? LOL

tag
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Re: What is IberiaBank? Good sign or bad? LOL

Thanks for the info!  I'm glad to see they tend to require excellent credit, Mardi Gras beads etc not withstanding  Smiley LOL

So, that in conjunction with the AMEX Blue approval I'll take as a good sign. Smiley Very Happy

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 11 of 15
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

So I take it Iberia Bank is a lot like First National Bank of Omaha?  What other regional cards are out there guys?

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 12 of 15
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Crunch;

It's funny you should mention that, FNBO has never, IIRC, shown up as a suggestion for me.  I don't think I've even seen it listed in any sites reviews. Oddly enough, I do get to Omaha on occasion but never any part of Louisianan.

If my AMEX Blue (that still doesn't show on my account page) is actually approved as stated and takes on my MS Date, it will add another 23 years to my AAoA calculation. Really the main reason I picked AMEX over any other suggestions Smiley Very Happy

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 13 of 15
JaysonT
Regular Contributor

(Edit) Sorry, just noticed Webhopper listed this...

Note the application details right on their homepage:

(Applies to Visa Select, Visa Classic, Visa Gold, and Visa Platinum Products)

Requirements include, but are not limited to: 

• Minimum 6 months length of employment with current employer  
  • Please consider credit status when applying — Excellent Credit Required (As a minimum guideline, Excellent Credit may refer to a credit history free of derogatory information, including current or past delinquency, bankruptcy, and/or collections )  
  • Verification of information provided by applicant will be performed; additional documentation may be required. (Verifications apply to, but are not limited to, employment, identity, and information furnished by the credit reporting agencies)  
  • Proof of Income is required on both the applicant and co-applicant (if applicable) to complete an application - IBERIABANK will contact you to obtain this information.
Message 14 of 15
laboi_22
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree with Kevin.. being based in New Orleans they should have Mardi Gras cards, which would have either beads or...

They are not based in New Orleans. They do have locations there, but they are not based there. Iberia Bank was founded in New Iberia, Louisiana which is a city south of my home town. I live about 15 minutes away from New Iberia the city. New Iberia is the Parish Seat of Iberia Parish. Very regional bank. Most people down here are either Capital One customers, Chase customers, or Iberia Bank customers. Their card products do look ugly, but they are super prime and extremely hard to get.

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.