cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Synchrony Looking for to give a CLI???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is Synchrony Looking for to give a CLI???

Morning Everyone,

So i have several Sycnhrony Cards and have had no luv on those cards,i am still at the starting limits and it has been over 1 year with thier cards. No Lates or high usage either. I did try asking for a cli last week and was delcined..so i am waiting for a letter as to why now. They are the only ones i have had trouble with as far as getting an increase.

My sychrony Cards are as follows:

Amazon

Care Credit

Walmart

Old Navy

What are they looking for? What is everyone elses experience with them? 

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is Synchrony Looking for to give a CLI???

@Anonymous wrote:

Morning Everyone,

So i have several Sycnhrony Cards and have had no luv on those cards,i am still at the starting limits and it has been over 1 year with thier cards. No Lates or high usage either. I did try asking for a cli last week and was delcined..so i am waiting for a letter as to why now. They are the only ones i have had trouble with as far as getting an increase.

Amazon

Care Credit

Walmart

Old Navy

Are your other cards in your signature? How do the limits match with your Synchrony cards? Have you used them a lot? Did you try online or call Credit Solutions? All my cli's have come from Credit Solutions.

Message 2 of 23
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Walmart in my experience likes to see a balance show on 4 statements. After statement cuts you can pay to avoid interest. Care Credit is a HP for all CLIs after the first 24 hours having the card. I have no experience with your other cards. Good Luck!
Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Morning Everyone,

Amazon

Care Credit

Walmart

Old Navy

Are your other cards in your signature? How do the limits match with your Synchrony cards? Have you used them a lot? Did you try online or call Credit Solutions? All my cli's have come from Credit Solutions.

No i have not put the all the cards in my signature yet as i am trying to figure that out still. Only had sucess with the 2 that you see below. Limits are as follows"

Amazon-$800

Care Credit-$1500

Walmart-$300

Old Navy-$300.

I used them alot and pay in full each month except for cared credit i take advantage of the no interest. I tried online...what is Credit Solutions?

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldnmn wrote:
Walmart in my experience likes to see a balance show on 4 statements. After statement cuts you can pay to avoid interest. Care Credit is a HP for all CLIs after the first 24 hours having the card. I have no experience with your other cards. Good Luck!

Thanks Coldnmn i guess i will keep trying and seeing that is going on. Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Morning Everyone,

Amazon

Care Credit

Walmart

Old Navy

No i have not put the all the cards in my signature yet as i am trying to figure that out still. Only had sucess with the 2 that you see below. Limits are as follows"

Amazon-$800

Care Credit-$1500

Walmart-$300

Old Navy-$300.

I used them alot and pay in full each month except for cared credit i take advantage of the no interest. I tried online...what is Credit Solutions?

Credit Solutions is the Synchrony Bank number to call and ask for an increase. Perhaps someone can post the number. I don't have it with me.

Message 6 of 23
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Thanks Coldnmn i guess i will keep trying and seeing that is going on. Smiley Sad

It seems stupid to have to carry a balance to get a CLI. But for myself and a few others in the past it was the only way we could trigger a CLI with their algorithm. It also worked with my Sam's club card. I suppose it's set up to show with a balance the computer reads as your using the card and paying it off before closing of statement your not using your available credit. Humans can see it but computers with Synchrony have the final say.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 23
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I had all but resigned myself to the fact that $6K was all that Walmart + Amazon store cards were ever going to be and that was ok.

They had no luv for 6+ months and then when i had a TU score increase recently i did the chat and was approved for new SP limits again.

There was a balance on Amazon but Walmart had been PIF. Seems they are happier the higher your TU score climbs too.

Message 8 of 23
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Typically they look for your first born as well as an arm and a leg... (just the arm won't do)

Seriously though... they have always given me a hard time when it comes to CLIs.  Of course, my profile was in the mid/upper 600's from 2013 till last month when my Ch 13 baddies fell off.  That being said, I have yet to ask for a CLI on my Care Credit (HP) or Sam's MC (SP) because they will no doubt use the same SP CR from like 4 months ago when the baddies were still reporting...

... and I'd get denied.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Morning Everyone,

Amazon

Care Credit

Walmart

Old Navy

Amazon-$800

Care Credit-$1500

Walmart-$300

Old Navy-$300.

Call 877-519-6441. That is credit solutions. They are REALLY nice and friendly.. they love handing out CLI's..(seriously, my Sams Club went from $437-$9000  this morning, the account is a month old today)

Ask for AT LEAST 5k  on Amazon,WM,and ON. Don't ask for CareCredit, as it will be a hard pull.

CLI's with almost all Synchrony cards is a SP. If you use the LUV button to request a CLI, generally, you get nothing. But, if you call in, or use online chat, you get totally different results!

Let us know how it goes!

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.