Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a good W.M.C.?

tag
7PM789
Frequent Contributor

What is a good W.M.C.?

What is a good World MasterCard that reports a cl?

Are the Citi dividend/diamond preferred any good?
Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - Amex Everyday - $5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL/35k P.O.T. - Discover It - $12k - Sam's Club M.C. - $10k -
Walmart M.C. - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $10k- Chase Freedom - $5k - Chase Marriott - $7.4k - U.S. Bank Cash + - $6k -
W.M. TU-781(Jan/15) Citi EQ-782(Dec/14) EX-782(Oct/14)
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What is a good W.M.C.?

Chase freedom
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 10
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
Chase freedom

I do not know of a way to directly apply for it. The application online is for visa or mc plat not world or signature, so they will make you wait a year to change it.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 10
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

I do not know of a way to directly apply for it. The application online is for visa or mc plat not world or signature, so they will make you wait a year to change it.

Online application can either be Visa or Visa Signature. To apply Mastercard or World Mastercard visit MasterCard website and search Chase Freedom there.

Message 4 of 10
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

Message 5 of 10
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Online application can either be Visa or Visa Signature. To apply Mastercard or World Mastercard visit MasterCard website and search Chase Freedom there.

I talked to executive office, and they said that the application was for a platinum card not a signature card. So even though I was given a $5k starting limit it was for a platinum card and they could not change it for a year.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 6 of 10
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@7PM789 wrote:
What is a good World MasterCard that reports a cl?

Are the Citi dividend/diamond preferred any good?

Idk if the dividend or diamond is a WMC.

But the diamond is not even worth anything, IMO.  The diamond is not a rewards card.  

Message 7 of 10
Prodr222

I have the diamond preferred card and its not a bad card to be honest. the only rewards you get is through citi easy deals. BUT it is a pain to actually find something you like and want. I have used the concierge and they´ve been great. For a no annual fee card i think it is pretty good, just depends where it is you want your rewards.  Another great WMC is the Citi AAdvantage Planitum WMC if you fly american airlines a bit.

Message 8 of 10
7PM789
Frequent Contributor

Does anybody know of one with no af, no forex fees, and the possibility of an emv chip? I want something for international travel and figure M.C. is widely accepted, but I don't travel often enough to justify an af. Rewards are not a big deal because it will live in the sock drawer unless I'm traveling.
Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - Amex Everyday - $5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL/35k P.O.T. - Discover It - $12k - Sam's Club M.C. - $10k -
Walmart M.C. - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $10k- Chase Freedom - $5k - Chase Marriott - $7.4k - U.S. Bank Cash + - $6k -
W.M. TU-781(Jan/15) Citi EQ-782(Dec/14) EX-782(Oct/14)
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .
Message 9 of 10
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

https://www.ngfcu.us/loans/mastercard.aspx

You can join NGFCU by making a donation to Southern California Historical Aircraft Foundation.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.