Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What..is a "thin profile " ? Discover

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What..is a "thin profile " ? Discover

@Discover2016 wrote:

When I got my discover back in 2014, I was the ultimate thin file, my CR's were just blank with just my name, addresses. No accounts whatsoever and they started me with a $500 line.

Same with me in 2013, never had any type of credit before, started off at $500.

Message 11 of 14
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

Im guessing your thin in open TL, but not in AAoA.. Still in Discovers "ideal"...... (You don't have a lot of cards/revolving accounts) Discover wants to be your daily driver.. and partly why i think they like folks with not a lot of TLs and stuff.. is its very likely they will be used.. From what iv seen.. they want to be front and center......Someone with multiple cards may not use them as much as someone who only has a few... 

Did i forget to mention if you haven't been app crazy/app spree... Your scores look good and id go for it?

-J

I did...SL... $1,000.00, kind "measly " but I'm in with Discover anyway !  

Thought they might match my QS1 line at least but...

Thanks everyone ! !

FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! It'll grow. Don't worry.
Message 13 of 14
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Wait out the 91 days... (mine came in the week AFTER i got my third statement) . Will probably get an auto CLI sometime then...  if not take the SP pull...

Felt the same way..... but in 5 months have gotten it to be the highest CL i have on any card....

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.