cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a reasonable amount of inquiries on a credit report?

tag
dalebb
Valued Contributor

Re: What is a reasonable amount of inquiries on a credit report?

i say get all ur app'ing done in a short period, if they dont count as 1, then they all fall off at the same time

Message 11 of 14
jclark1183
Valued Member

The plan is to app for 2 cards at the same time.  My main concern is auto-rejection simply for too many inquiries even though my fico scores are all >740.  

Message 12 of 14
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@jclark1183 wrote:

The plan is to app for 2 cards at the same time.  My main concern is auto-rejection simply for too many inquiries even though my fico scores are all >740.  

then just call them, they ask u a few questions, and all is good

Message 13 of 14
Duke-of-Earl
Regular Contributor

Can you tell from the reports what purpose is coded?  You know what your purposes were, but don't assume the INQs are coded correctly.  Sometimes it's obvious, but I found all my mortgage refi INQs listed various third-party companies who pulled the scores for the lender.  And the purpose shown was just something generic like "credit application".

Starting Score: EQ 804 - (April 2009)
Upgraded thanks to FICO Forums: EQ 813 / EX 842 / TU 823 - (FICO scores from mortgage lenders, June 2010)
Recent Scores: EQ 807 / TU 799 - (March 2012)
Goal: Survive Another Day
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.