Valued Contributor
dalebb

Re: What is a reasonable amount of inquiries on a credit report?

i say get all ur app'ing done in a short period, if they dont count as 1, then they all fall off at the same time

Valued Member
jclark1183

The plan is to app for 2 cards at the same time.  My main concern is auto-rejection simply for too many inquiries even though my fico scores are all >740.  

Valued Contributor
dalebb

jclark1183 wrote:

The plan is to app for 2 cards at the same time.  My main concern is auto-rejection simply for too many inquiries even though my fico scores are all >740.  

then just call them, they ask u a few questions, and all is good

Regular Contributor
Duke-of-Earl

Can you tell from the reports what purpose is coded?  You know what your purposes were, but don't assume the INQs are coded correctly.  Sometimes it's obvious, but I found all my mortgage refi INQs listed various third-party companies who pulled the scores for the lender.  And the purpose shown was just something generic like "credit application".

Starting Score: EQ 804 - (April 2009)
Upgraded thanks to FICO Forums: EQ 813 / EX 842 / TU 823 - (FICO scores from mortgage lenders, June 2010)
Recent Scores: EQ 807 / TU 799 - (March 2012)
Goal: Survive Another Day
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}