Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a siggy card?

tag
Booboo71
Established Contributor

What is a siggy card?

I see a lot of people talking about "siggy" cards. What is the difference and what qualifies for a siggy card? I just recently (feb2014) had my boa secured card unsecured and was able to get the card from 1300 to 5000 with teco cli. Would that qualify for a siggy?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: What is a siggy card?

@Booboo71 wrote:

I see a lot of people talking about "siggy" cards. What is the difference and what qualifies for a siggy card? I just recently (feb2014) had my boa secured card unsecured and was able to get the card from 1300 to 5000 with teco cli. Would that qualify for a siggy?

Yes a 5K limit would qualify for a signature card. Call them and see if you can PC or UG  to a Siggy Card

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

@Booboo71 wrote:

the requirements for visa signature varies depending on the lender. Most lenders require 5k CL, but some such as Citi and Chase issue visa signature cards for as low as 2k CL.

For BofA the requirements for visa signature is 5k, so yes you can request to have your account converted. 

The difference for visa signature is that you will have more benefits compared to platinum visa. 

For more info refer to visa's website: https://usa.visa.com/visasignature/

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 11
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Booboo71 wrote:

Identifying A Signature Card

• To determine if you have one of these cards, look for the words "Visa Signature" printed on it. Many different types of cards bear these words, including Hyatt, United Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Alaska Airlines, Fidelity and Nordstrom. Companies issuing the cards include Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo and a Capital One.

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 4 of 11
Stralem
Established Contributor

A "siggy" is a Visa Signature card.

Visa Signature cards often come with a $5000 minimum credit line, a kinda-sorta NPSL ability (depending on lender and account holder's credit profile), and various other benefits which are described here. But for most people, there's no real difference between a Visa Signature and a normal Visa. It's a status symbol or decoration more than anything.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 5 of 11
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Thank you all for replying. My boa 123 doesn't sat signature I guess because the card stayed the same when it unsecured.

Message 6 of 11
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Sorry using iPad and I see it respells words on here.

Message 7 of 11
C24Webb
Regular Contributor

If having a signature card interests you, just send a message or call into BoA to see if your card is eligible for the upgrade... many signature upgrades are not automatic.  They might like to see more post-secured history, but it might be good to find out where you stand.  Good luck.

Card/Limit/Opened — Discover it: $27,600 2/14 | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,500 7/14 | Banana Republic Visa: $10,000 7/14 | USAA Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $9,000 6/11 | Chase Freedom: $2,000 3/12
History — AAoA: 42 months | Oldest account: 119 months (including AU) | Inquiries: 1 EX 0 EQ 0 TU | Score: 765 (Discover TU) 750 (USAA CreditCheck Monitoring EX FAKO)
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good posts on this thread concerning siggy cards. Give BOA a holler and find out what it takes. Remember: "...nothing ventured nothing gained...".
Message 9 of 11
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

BofA does not convert/upgrade automatically if you reached the 5K via CLI. Once you request your Signature card the account number will change. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.