cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a typical CLI for 99/500 BOA card?

tag
Chadp2351

Re: What is a typical CLI for 99/500 BOA card?

Mine hit the 1 year mark and didn't graduate on 1/11/2014. I hit the luv button and was denied. I asked to go from $500 to $3,000 and wasn't approved. Called in today and asked why. He said it's always a manual review to unsecure and since they just pulled my credit that he would go over it. He asked if I still wanted the $3,000 limit because if I only asked for $3,000 that he could only approve it for that amount or counter for less. So I asked for $5,000 and after a couple minutes later he came back on the line and graduated my card and gave me the full $5,000 limit. Smiley Happy 

This card was already a rewards card but I did ask about the $39 annual fee and he said he would check. He wasn't able to clear the fee but he said if I continue to increase my score and have a great payment history he sees no reason why I couldn't get it permantly waived in the future. He said they like to see a fico of 720 before they waive the fee. Mine was currently at 715. 

I hope this helps!

Message 11 of 23
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@Chadp2351 wrote:

Mine hit the 1 year mark and didn't graduate on 1/11/2014. I hit the luv button and was denied. I asked to go from $500 to $3,000 and wasn't approved. Called in today and asked why. He said it's always a manual review to unsecure and since they just pulled my credit that he would go over it. He asked if I still wanted the $3,000 limit because if I only asked for $3,000 that he could only approve it for that amount or counter for less. So I asked for $5,000 and after a couple minutes later he came back on the line and graduated my card and gave me the full $5,000 limit. Smiley Happy 

This card was already a rewards card but I did ask about the $39 annual fee and he said he would check. He wasn't able to clear the fee but he said if I continue to increase my score and have a great payment history he sees no reason why I couldn't get it permantly waived in the future. He said they like to see a fico of 720 before they waive the fee. Mine was currently at 715. 

I hope this helps!

Same thing happened to me with the AF. Just wait a couple of months or two and call backdoor and see if the fee can get waived.

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 12 of 23
curranam

9 months past I was refunded my $99 deposit and they gave a CLI to $1000. 

Message 13 of 23
wmweeza
Established Contributor

I started out at $300. One year later they bumped it to $500, 4 months after that to $1200, then up to $1700 just slightly under 4 months after that. They seem to like to give me automatic CLI increases every 4 months

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 14 of 23
wmweeza
Established Contributor

Taking advice here I was in chat with BofA and asked to get my fee waived and perhaps get a lower APR, he said they don't waive fees and the card had the fee set in stone basically, that I'd need a different card for any changes

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 15 of 23
curranam

I wanted to update this post. After a year of having the 99/500 card they gave back the $99 and increased the CL to $1000.  6 months after that they gave us an auto CLI to $2500 without us asking and there was no HP on our credit.  It has been a great card and helped the credit scores go up. 

Message 16 of 23
newhis
Valued Contributor

Thank you for the update, that gives better information on how BoA works.

I read other thread asking if BoA do auto-CLI and you got one.

EDIT: do they removed the AF? have you asked them to lower your APR? Just did that a couple of months ago myself and also my DW.

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this card as well, but for me it was automatic cash rewards card and they waived the AF for me. Not sure why they did, but they just did. I do bank with them so I thought that's why.  They have been great at reporting and the reason my scores have gone up.  I have Chase Freedom so less weekly payments on the BoA card! 

Message 18 of 23
Seatown1two
Regular Contributor

I was able to unsecure my 99/500 after one year with a $200 cli and waived annual fee. It is now a travel rewards visa with $10k cl
Amex Blue Cash - 22.9k | CSR - 21.9k | Cap One Quicksilver MC - 18.5k | BofA Travel Rewards - 15k | Lowes - 15k | Citi DC - 13.2k | Discover IT Miles - 20.1k | Amazon Prime Visa - 6k | BofA BBR - 5.4k
Message 19 of 23
cardslayer
Regular Contributor

I had one back in 2007... unsecured in about 15 months or so (as I recall) with an auto CLI to $1500, but was still a "Platinum Select" Visa. Took me another year roughly to do a PC to the BofA AMEX (had to try 2-3 online chat reps as they kept saying that my account was ineligible for PC)... Then the sky is the limit once you can do a PC to a "normal" card. Currently have the BofA Better Balance Rewards (MC) with a $30,000 limit.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.