Reply
Established Contributor
gettnthere
Posts: 912
Registered: ‎06-14-2012
0

Re: What is alternate option to Zync now?

Well guys, curiosity got the best of me. I called up AMEX to inquire about the Znyc card. They are no longer accepting ANY app's for the ZYNC and (according to the rep) are completely doing away with it. He stated details are still sketchy right now but they do not foresee doing any changes to current Zync card holder accounts.



Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 :smileywink:
New Contributor
joeyh2007
Posts: 72
Registered: ‎05-19-2012
0

Re: What is alternate option to Zync now?


gettnthere wrote:

Well guys, curiosity got the best of me. I called up AMEX to inquire about the Znyc card. They are no longer accepting ANY app's for the ZYNC and (according to the rep) are completely doing away with it. He stated details are still sketchy right now but they do not foresee doing any changes to current Zync card holder accounts.


I just tried calling CS, and of course the lady I talked to admitted to me that I'm her very first call ever. So you can imagine how that went.

In my wallet: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Zync NPSL, Amex SPG $1000, CSP: $9000, Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature: $5000, First Financial Bank: $5500, Discover More: $6000, Barclays Apple Financing: $3500, Macy's: $1000

Business: Chase Ink Cash World Mastercard: $5000

In my SD: CapOne $3000
Valued Contributor
maiden_girl
Posts: 2,108
Registered: ‎12-29-2011
0

Re: What is alternate option to Zync now?


joeyh2007 wrote:

gettnthere wrote:

Well guys, curiosity got the best of me. I called up AMEX to inquire about the Znyc card. They are no longer accepting ANY app's for the ZYNC and (according to the rep) are completely doing away with it. He stated details are still sketchy right now but they do not foresee doing any changes to current Zync card holder accounts.


I just tried calling CS, and of course the lady I talked to admitted to me that I'm her very first call ever. So you can imagine how that went.


LMAO you had a virgin CSR! awwww! *dying*

 

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)






Frequent Contributor
OptimasPrime
Posts: 348
Registered: ‎08-17-2012
0

Re: What is alternate option to Zync now?


jsucool76 wrote:
Im hoping they'll have something new, as I'd like a charge card but I dont think I could justify 95$ for a green. I'd rather get a CSP or something since I bank with chase, it would probably be a better idea for me. I liked the odea pf an amex charge with an AF reasonable for everyone, but then again, amex isn't supposed to be for "everyone."


I'd have to agree with this. I think part of the reason they did away with the zync has to do with how counterintuitive it is to their "spend-centric" business model, especially when one considers the 500/200 hardlimit option they were offering.  Its hard to push through alot of $ when one is running up against their limit on a weekly basis.

 

Also, I feel like the underwriting was so loose that it really was starting to take away from what 'makes amex, amex'. The amex brand is positioned as somewhat exclusive (how true this really is would be another debate entirely), and the zync, a card which those with limited/poor history qualified for, was very much in oppostion to that branding.

 

I myself have a zync, but if I had known then what I know now, I would have skipped it altogether and apped for the bce.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Moderator
Revelate
Posts: 9,550
Registered: ‎12-30-2011
0

Re: What is alternate option to Zync now?

[ Edited ]

There's a few threads on this already today; however, multiple people have called and it's been confirmed by multiple CSR's that the Zync is no longer available for application over the phone, via mail, or online.

 

Jury is still out on what happens to the current Zync holders... but as long as there is life on Zync Island (i.e. the card simply doesn't get dropped along with the cardholders, which I doubt for that second bit) I'll be OK with it.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
creditnocash
Posts: 2,255
Registered: ‎07-23-2012
0

Re: What is alternate option to Zync now?

hmmm if we zync holders were pced would we have to pay for the new af or the zync one? 

 

i guess im glad i apped when i did. 

hard limit removed?

or in time. 

i just think its crazy with the 721 amex score i got a hard limit. 

i must have been really borderline. 

 

 

Current: Discover Fico 701 10/14 Walmart Fico 689 9/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 3 TU 0 EX 0 | Most Recent: 09/26/2014


2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
47%(OUCH!!)
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Established Contributor
gettnthere
Posts: 912
Registered: ‎06-14-2012
0

Re: What is alternate option to Zync now?


Revelate wrote:

There's a few threads on this already today; however, multiple people have called and it's been confirmed by multiple CSR's that the Zync is no longer available for application over the phone, via mail, or online.

 

Jury is still out on what happens to the current Zync holders... but as long as there is life on Zync Island (i.e. the card simply doesn't get dropped along with the cardholders, which I doubt for that second bit) I'll be OK with it.


Revelate,

 

I bet you are happy you decided to go ahead an app for Zync instead of waiting until the end of the year. Another couple weeks and i think you would have missed the cut-off.:smileywink:



Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 :smileywink:
Moderator
Revelate
Posts: 9,550
Registered: ‎12-30-2011
0

Re: What is alternate option to Zync now?


gettnthere wrote:

Revelate wrote:

There's a few threads on this already today; however, multiple people have called and it's been confirmed by multiple CSR's that the Zync is no longer available for application over the phone, via mail, or online.

 

Jury is still out on what happens to the current Zync holders... but as long as there is life on Zync Island (i.e. the card simply doesn't get dropped along with the cardholders, which I doubt for that second bit) I'll be OK with it.


Revelate,

 

I bet you are happy you decided to go ahead an app for Zync instead of waiting until the end of the year. Another couple weeks and i think you would have missed the cut-off.:smileywink:


Oh extremely, and while I was thinking about it I do owe you a beer at some point for prodding my thinking that day and just getting off the fence and making the application.

 

This news doesn't really hurt me as I think Amex will want me as a customer over the long term, I just have to prove to them that fact; however, I don't think they're just going to unilaterally drop us into the abyss so I'm pretty optimistic things will work out for me and the other Zync cardmembers.

 

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
jsucool76
Posts: 3,640
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: What is alternate option to Zync now?


Revelate wrote:

gettnthere wrote:

Revelate wrote:

There's a few threads on this already today; however, multiple people have called and it's been confirmed by multiple CSR's that the Zync is no longer available for application over the phone, via mail, or online.

 

Jury is still out on what happens to the current Zync holders... but as long as there is life on Zync Island (i.e. the card simply doesn't get dropped along with the cardholders, which I doubt for that second bit) I'll be OK with it.


Revelate,

 

I bet you are happy you decided to go ahead an app for Zync instead of waiting until the end of the year. Another couple weeks and i think you would have missed the cut-off.:smileywink:


Oh extremely, and while I was thinking about it I do owe you a beer at some point for prodding my thinking that day and just getting off the fence and making the application.

 

This news doesn't really hurt me as I think Amex will want me as a customer over the long term, I just have to prove to them that fact; however, I don't think they're just going to unilaterally drop us into the abyss so I'm pretty optimistic things will work out for me and the other Zync cardmembers.

 


I'll take one too :smileyvery-happy: 

Valued Contributor
MrShush
Posts: 1,412
Registered: ‎04-18-2008
0

Re: What is alternate option to Zync now?

I dont see what the big deal is about spending $70 more for the Green is. Zync with all the packs was what, $55? You are paying for more than a piece of plastic: brand image, benefits, service, and what forum members care most about--backdating.

I pay AMEX $545 a year in annual fees and will do so for all of the aforementioned. Some of you really have to look beyond the $25 card disappearing.

That card was a niche product and for many it served a purpose. Its gone now, move on to better offerings.

I apologize in advance, let the flames commence :smileyvery-happy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}