Did you mean: 

What is an App Spree? Please describe the details

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: What is an App Spree? Please describe the details

@enharu wrote:

@JMills wrote:

Hello, I have been on the forums and been reading vast information and was curious to know what is an App Spree? When will be a good time to do an App Spree? What should you scores be when doing an App Spree? What credit Cards are good to apply for when yoiu decide to do an App Spree. I am new and trying to gain as much information for my success with obtaining a good credit score. Thanks in advance

an app spree is when you go crazy (figuratively, not real crazy) and apply for many cards within a very short period of time, usually same day, or within few days, so that each of the banks you apply with do not know that you are applying for other cards with other banks at the same time since CRAs take a while to update.

Scores are dependent upon what cards you are trying to apply. Other factors such as income play a big role as well.

There's no real definite choice of must-have cards. It depends on what you mostly spend on or what you need out of your credit card.

Do you travel a lot? Do you want free extended warranty on your purchases? Do you want cashback, or points, or travel miles? Do you want fast and easy CLI down the road? It depends on what you're trying to do Smiley Tongue

If you can tell us more  I am sure a lot of people will be able to recommend you some cards to get.

What is your approx. score and credit report like?

This is incorrect. The minute you apply for a new card a HP is placed on your credt. If the next card you app for and so on pull the same bureau report they will see the new INQ.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 31
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@JMills wrote:

Hello, I have been on the forums and been reading vast information and was curious to know what is an App Spree? When will be a good time to do an App Spree? What should you scores be when doing an App Spree? What credit Cards are good to apply for when yoiu decide to do an App Spree. I am new and trying to gain as much information for my success with obtaining a good credit score. Thanks in advance

an app spree is when you go crazy (figuratively, not real crazy) and apply for many cards within a very short period of time, usually same day, or within few days, so that each of the banks you apply with do not know that you are applying for other cards with other banks at the same time since CRAs take a while to update.

Scores are dependent upon what cards you are trying to apply. Other factors such as income play a big role as well.

There's no real definite choice of must-have cards. It depends on what you mostly spend on or what you need out of your credit card.

Do you travel a lot? Do you want free extended warranty on your purchases? Do you want cashback, or points, or travel miles? Do you want fast and easy CLI down the road? It depends on what you're trying to do Smiley Tongue

If you can tell us more  I am sure a lot of people will be able to recommend you some cards to get.

What is your approx. score and credit report like?

This is incorrect. The minute you apply for a new card a HP is placed on your credt. If the next card you app for and so on pull the same bureau report they will see the new INQ.

This is true. Inqs are recorded in real time with the CRAs, so as soon as you apply the inq will show up on your report.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 12 of 31
Wanka77
New Contributor

I started out by applying for Capital One crads since they 're the easiest to get approved for.   FYI... Do some homework by googleing "credit cards based on my fico score of ###"  It should take you to several sites that have gather a lot of customer inputs when they applied for credit, their scores at that time, and if they got approved or not.  By going over that site a couple of times, it has helped me to apply and get approved instantly.  Good Luck!!!!   By the way... cart tricks can assist you in the meantime to obtain fast store cards without a HP.  one of them is Victoria Secret.

Starting Score:EX-639, TU-632 641-EQ(MyFico)
Current Score:EX-737(PLUS), TU-784(MyFico)750 (Walmrt) 719-EQ(Myfico),
Goal Score: 750-Across

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 31
JMills
Frequent Contributor

What is a cart tricks? Please explain and can you give me the website?

Starting Score: EX: 705 EQ: 711 TU: 750 01/06/2014
Current Score: EX: 673 EQ: 673 TU: 643 05/06/2020

Last App: 05/06/202020 / In the Garden Until: 12/31/2024

Desired Scores EQ 800 EX 800 TU 800

PSCEU $20,000 Navy Signature $6,600 Navy Rewards $2,500
Message 14 of 31
JMills
Frequent Contributor

What is HP? I am still learning the acroynms

Message 15 of 31
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@JMills wrote:

What is a cart tricks? Please explain and can you give me the website?

This is where you put an item in the cart on an online site and proceed to checkout and right before you pay if your eligible they will offer you a CC.

Its a SP on your file.

Comenity Bank is the issuer and if you look them up on here you'll find the many stores they deal with.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 31
myjourney
Super Contributor

@JMills wrote:

What is HP? I am still learning the acroynms

HP = hard pull

SP = soft pull

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 17 of 31
JMills
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, is there any way you can know what card pulls from what CRa's that way if you are applying or doing an app spree it will be with different banks pulling from different CRA's

Message 18 of 31
myjourney
Super Contributor

Yes I'll send you a PM

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 19 of 31
Open123
Super Contributor

Example of an App spree:

1.  Apply for an Amex card.

2.  Apply for a Barclays card.

3.  Apply for a Chase card.

The three applications spread out inquiries evenly with Amex on Ex, Barclay on TU, and Chase on Eq.  This puts only a single inquiry on each report which is better than 3 on a single CRA.

The three accounts will hit the CRs at different times.  Barclay hits immediately.  Amex 3 - 6 weeks later.  And, Chase about 30 days later.  With a healthy CR, the 3 new accounts and single inquiry on each report will have not result in AA, especially if the Amex backdates keeping AAOA high.

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.