New Contributor
helpmyscoreugh

What is best secured card to apply for to boost credit score

I need to find a card to boost a credit score.  Currently 619 and need a boost for homebuying.  What are the best places to do that quickly?

Valued Contributor
beb86

Re: What is best secured card to apply for to boost credit score

your score may drop since you will be taking a hard hit as well as lowering your AAoA. also do you have any other credit cards if so paying down your utli should help your score

ccpics2.jpg
New Contributor
helpmyscoreugh

I am not sure...its not for me its a friend trying to buy a home.  Just recently got out of the military and wanted something to boost their credit.

Regular Contributor
tjmmp56

Have your friend see about joining Navy Fed (if not already a member).  They are great and once you have a solid relationship with them you're golden.  I had lower 600 FICO when I joined and app'd for one of their credit cards.  Was approved for $1,000 unsecured.  Couple months later app'd for another card when my score went up and was approved for $5,000.  Great customer service as well. 

Starting Score: 7/12/11 TU 584 EQ 541
Current Score: 05/12 TU 688 TU (WM) 716 EQ 683
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}