Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is big deal over NPSL?

tag
dharalex
Established Contributor

Re: What is big deal over NPSL?

@Open123 wrote:

For me, main thing is that it doesn't kill my Fico score.  I'm not seeking any loans and Fico scores aren't that important now, but I still don't like seeing it drop 20 points just because I've gone over some imaginary line of utility demarcation deemed too high.

If I spend 20k/month on X stuff, I'm not going to seek 200k CL just to keep my utility to 10%.  And, I've got tired and constantly paying before the statement cuts, etc...

NPSL is easier to manage when pushing large spending.

+1

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 31 of 33
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Does AMEX do monthly softs to review your file to adjust the spending limit on charge cards?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 32 of 33
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Does AMEX do monthly softs to review your file to adjust the spending limit on charge cards?

they do softs, some report even more than once a month on occausion. But I don't think its really related setting your spending limit, Spending limit is more likely related to what you said your reported income that you listed on when you AP'd,  Plus your spending habbits, if they see you charging 75-80% of your spending limit and PIF each month they will increase it if it doesn't exceed some percentage of your monthly income. The more you spend the more money they make, Softing your CR doesn't really give them much details besides that you are paying all your bills. After you have built a relationship with them  they link it less and less to your income and watch your spending since they know people are often reimbursed by there employers for purchases made on the AMEX card so should not be linked completely to your income. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.