cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is contained in a soft pull for a CLI?

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

What is contained in a soft pull for a CLI?

If a credit card company is considring you for a CLI and says they will do a soft pull, what exactly are they seeing?  Does it really make any difference other than the fact that a soft pull won't hurt your score?  Meaning, are they evaluating things the same way in both cases?

Also, can you ask a CC to look at a certain bureau IF it's going to be a soft pull?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Re: What is contained in a soft pull for a CLI?

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:

If a credit card company is considring you for a CLI and says they will do a soft pull, what exactly are they seeing?  Does it really make any difference other than the fact that a soft pull won't hurt your score?  Meaning, are they evaluating things the same way in both cases?

Also, can you ask a CC to look at a certain bureau IF it's going to be a soft pull?

Yeah i kinda wanna know too.  Why else to do a HP other than to be a jerk if they can see everything they need to see with a SP.  

Does a HP show more detail?  

I'm sure you can ask for a lender to pull a certain CR, but I doubt they will honor that.  They may become suspicious and wonder if you are hiding something.  

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.