Did you mean: 

What is going on with all the Amex love! :(

tag
zeusta20
Established Contributor

Re: What is going on with all the Amex love! :(

@dodgerslv wrote:

@zeusta20 wrote:
Gosh...all these approvals from Amex is making want to app for the BCE! I've been trying to garden though...I just had 5 inq in march. And 3 inq in may from a car loan. Opened 2 CC's back in march so I'm waiting for those to age a little bit. Gosh...decisions decisions....it's so hard.lol. Anyone think I'd get approved with my new accts posted or should I wait?

i know what you mean. I have 8 INQ in from March thru May and are all credit card HP's and 5 new accounts in the last 3 months so dont feel too bad. I got declined on my first request for 3xCLI and recieved the letter yesterday and it was for low fico score (even though it was 706 on the letter) and also the times creditors have viewed my credit report which i know that was the real main reason for getting declined. 2 new accounts is not that much but to be on the safe side i would wait 6 months and you should be good for an AMEX.

Sounds like we're in the same boat...lol. There's just so many damn cards that I want...but once I get the amex revolver, I'm set...that would leave me at 7 CC's and I don't need anymore. At first I gave myself a limit of 5cc's. I had my WF, 1FBUSA, Amex Green, CitiTYP and CSP. I was gonna stop there. But then I had to get the freedom for the CSP and Freedom combo. So now that amex revolver for the 3x CLI is what has been on my mind...lol. Damn temptation.lol.

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 11 of 15
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

@zeusta20 wrote:
Gosh...all these approvals from Amex is making want to app for the BCE! I've been trying to garden though...I just had 5 inq in march. And 3 inq in may from a car loan. Opened 2 CC's back in march so I'm waiting for those to age a little bit. Gosh...decisions decisions....it's so hard.lol. Anyone think I'd get approved with my new accts posted or should I wait?

Here are mine, all since Jan 2013... Smiley Sad  Smiley Sad 

I'm done for a good while..   Good luck to ya..

Experian® Equifax® TransUnion® Hard Inquiries 

Inquiries hang out 2 years.

Amex primarily pulls Ex. Even if there aren't any inquiries from last year, it might be good to garden 6+ months so they won't look so recent.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 15
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@zeusta20 wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@zeusta20 wrote:

i know what you mean. I have 8 INQ in from March thru May and are all credit card HP's and 5 new accounts in the last 3 months so dont feel too bad. I got declined on my first request for 3xCLI and recieved the letter yesterday and it was for low fico score (even though it was 706 on the letter) and also the times creditors have viewed my credit report which i know that was the real main reason for getting declined. 2 new accounts is not that much but to be on the safe side i would wait 6 months and you should be good for an AMEX.

Sounds like we're in the same boat...lol. There's just so many damn cards that I want...but once I get the amex revolver, I'm set...that would leave me at 7 CC's and I don't need anymore. At first I gave myself a limit of 5cc's. I had my WF, 1FBUSA, Amex Green, CitiTYP and CSP. I was gonna stop there. But then I had to get the freedom for the CSP and Freedom combo. So now that amex revolver for the 3x CLI is what has been on my mind...lol. Damn temptation.lol.

yeah we are but i dont regret because i got in with Chase. My last 2 INQ's were for my Chase Marriott and United Club approvals with very nice limits. The fact that both were instant approvals was icing on the cake. I am not going to apply for any more cards for the remainder of the year (at least).

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 13 of 15
RSCo
Established Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

@RSCo wrote:

@zeusta20 wrote:

Inquiries hang out 2 years.

Amex primarily pulls Ex. Even if there aren't any inquiries from last year, it might be good to garden 6+ months so they won't look so recent.

I know.. I'm a bit nervous about having so many... But, Amex accounts for the last 2 of my Inq on Ex as I just received those cards in the past 2 weeks.. So I had 10 when I applied for them and It seemed okay..  I'm laying low for the next 9mths or so.. I don't need anymore.. :0

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 14 of 15
RSCo
Established Contributor

@zeusta20 wrote:

@RSCo wrote:

@zeusta20 wrote:

Wow...thats a lot of inq's...lol. You should be fine though! You have tons of cards with amazing limits! I don't care to have so many cards, but I'm pretty jealous about your limits!! lol

hehe.. Smiley Happy  I know, i'm waiting for all the ARs to start showing up as SPs on my reports.. I hope they don't shut me down out of fear I'm going to continue to open new stuff.. I'm done for now.. Prior to Jan 2013, I only had 6 open cards total and with the exception of my car loan in Nov 2012, I had zero Inqs for years (because I went thru a very difficult credit period from 2006-2009..)  I then went on a spree where I opened 6 new accounts.. I stopped app'ing for 3 months and then I just completed another spree where I opened another 6.. I noticed that my CLs offered on new cards were much higher AFTER I was approved for my Amex back in Jan..  My limits are nothing compared to what I see from others here..  Give it 6mths and then start submitting CLI requests on the cards that you have, then apply for any new ones AFTER your CLs have increased.. Then your new cards will most likely come with higher CLs.. Have fun.. Smiley Wink

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.