cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is largest CL you have? / Which Cards provide large CL?

tag
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

Re: What is largest CL you have? / Which Cards provide large CL?

I am definitely with you on the CL envy atlas!

Cap1 - $5000
Line of Credit from my CU - $1000
Gap - $750
Cap1 - $500
Macy's - $400
Target - $100 (I had them drop it from $500 when I was a college student and spending more than I could afford to pay off)

Message Edited by grneydangl on 03-22-2008 07:58 PM

Message 31 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

My accounts aren't that great, but per my scores, I guess they aren't bad:

Credit One - $600 (with 79? AF)
JCPenney's - $400 (got this one on accident, I let them run it so I could get an additional 10% off when we bought our King sized bed and they said yes!)

Accounts I have AU status on:

BofA - $1000
Chase - $600
HSBC - $900
JCPenney's - $1700 (they've been very generous here lately with CLI's)

Message 32 of 49
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

HSBC/UnionPC 6k
Target Visa 5k

Everything else is 3k or under.

AU on a 25k BoA

My mother rec'd a 25k State Farm Plat Rewards Visa.  Whodathunkit?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 33 of 49
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
is there a thread about paying these cards strategically? Please help! I'm desperate to find a way to " play the game" the smartest way!

Try this, message #6:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=60159

I'm in Firefox, so you'll need to copy/paste the link into your browser window.

My reply was a bit condensed (believe it or not!) from my usual speech, but check it out and see if it makes sense. Most cards do report your statement balance, and they report it on the statement date or very soon after. Many HSBC cards (includes Orchard) report your balance at the end of the month. I don't have personal experience with them, so I get a bit foggy on them.

If you have any questions, you'll do best to start a new thread here on the Credit Cards forum, or you're welcome to pm me.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 34 of 49
Heavy-Handed
Established Member

Amex Blue Cash = $20k

Started as Delta Gold Amex with $2700 cl in 07/2007.  Requested CLI upon act. to $5k again 30 days later to $9k then converted to Blue Cash in 10/2007 and requested last increase to $20k. 

I pushed my cl requests before Amex changed policy late last year to after 30 days upon activation and once every 6 months thereafter.
Message 35 of 49
NICKI183
Established Contributor

I am not in the same class as you big leaguers, but i have come a long way from the simple DECLINE.
My cards are as follows:
Cap 1 (750 ( increase today to $1250 w/backdoor #)
Kay Jewlers $5k (bal $700)
Firestone $1k
Macy's $1k
Bloomies $200
Target $550 ( increased last month from $200)
Hooters $600
Discover Rewards $300
Crown Jewl $1500 (doesn't count-wont use because of down payment)

I don't think this is bad for someone with my credit scores.  I will take the hits.  Hopefully, I will be approved for prime cards with $5k and up credit limit.  I am on my way.
NOTE:  All this good fortune came from reviewing the forum (CREDIT CARDS).  Thanks especially to the positive people such as Cheddar, Sylvia, Haulings, Illec,WhirlPeasPlease, and Credit Addict.
Thanks a bunch !!!!! 
Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 36 of 49
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

WaMu Visa 5.5k (Just raised from 4.5)

Chase 2.1k

Cap One 2k

At 24 I'd say I'm doing pretty well.

Message 37 of 49
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Nicki, you forgot to mention my name in the list below....

NICKI183 wrote:
I am not in the same class as you big leaguers, but i have come a long way from the simple DECLINE.
My cards are as follows:
Cap 1 (750 ( increase today to $1250 w/backdoor #)
Kay Jewlers $5k (bal $700)
Firestone $1k
Macy's $1k
Bloomies $200
Target $550 ( increased last month from $200)
Hooters $600
Discover Rewards $300
Crown Jewl $1500 (doesn't count-wont use because of down payment)

I don't think this is bad for someone with my credit scores.  I will take the hits.  Hopefully, I will be approved for prime cards with $5k and up credit limit.  I am on my way.
NOTE:  All this good fortune came from reviewing the forum (CREDIT CARDS).  Thanks especially to the positive people such as Cheddar, Sylvia, Haulings, Illec,WhirlPeasPlease, and Credit Addict.
Thanks a bunch !!!!! 

Message 38 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Juniper Sea Miles:  $20k
ESPN Wamu: $4k
AMEX Blue Sky: $3k

Juniper is brand new and I am hoping not to see any CLD's
Message 39 of 49
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

AHHH... I was mentioned. I love this board and anything I can say that someone finds helpfull than great! I take tons from here myself
Message 40 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.