Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is more valuable as a whole: CSR vs AMEX SPG

tag
iced
Valued Contributor

Re: What is more valuable as a whole: CSR vs AMEX SPG

50 nights isn't unusual for people who travel for work. It's how people get platinum or diamond status typically. I myself have stayed 75 nights in just Marriotts this year and I'm by no means a road warrior.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who knows how long the Amex SPG program will even be around!
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who knows that the SPG American Express won't become a Marriott American Express?! ;-)
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is merely off vacation. I do not travel for work. I've been on a whopping 11 vacations this year as I had 400hrs of time to burn. I can say that it will be at 0 by the end of this weekend. Smiley Very Happy Obtaining Platinum again next year will be rough, but I will try my hardest. I didn't know how long or what SPG will turn into over the next few years so I wanted to experience it at least once.

As for the points, they have so many easy bonuses (like double/triple points for staying on the weekend or stay at a Sheraton twice and get triple points) that it makes raking them up easy as long as you sign up for them as they toss them at you. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.