cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is my next step to rebuild my once A+ credit?

tag
audia4
Established Contributor

Re: What is my next step to rebuild my once A+ credit?

@guydiver wrote:

Since you are showing all three of your scores, they have to be FAKO scores, or to be more accurate, "Educational Scores".  They are sold by the credit bureaus to keep from having to pay Fair Isaac for the Fico score. The EQ score you pulled from this site is a true FICO score, and most likely the same exact score your lender would pull, excluding any variations for credit card, auto, etc....  This site also sells a TU Fico, although the '98 version that is older and less likely to be pulled by your lender than more up to date versions, especially for a mortgage.

So from now on I should never purchase the credit scores when I pull my reports once a year with free anual credit report (or whatever the site is) right?

I'm not understanding the whole "98 version" that you are referring to?

TU: 819 EQ: 821 EX 811

**$7500****$30,000*****$13500****$42,200****$10,000***$10,700*****$6000****$11,000*****OPEN****OPEN******$27,000*****11,000

Message 11 of 14
audia4
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

Yes, there is a number to call tel:877-294-8770- refer to your reference number.  I am sure they want to perform a routine verification check with you.  I applied a month ago and got the same response.  I am not sure if its because I hadn't applied for credit in awhile but after I answered the questions I was approved and my TU score was lower than yours.

Good luck! Smiley Tongue

I called the number and the rep on the phone said that it had been denied. I told him that I was calling because it told me that they would be letting me know in 7-10 days and that I wanted to see if they needed a verfication with me because I KNOW for a fact that I have a block on my TA account (I put it there myself 2 years ago). Since then, no other site is able to pull my TA account. So, I figured that was the problem since Walmart uses TA from my understanding. ??? Is this correct? Anyhow, he just kept saying "nope, you are denied and will get your denial letter in the mail in 7-10 days". He couldn't offer a reason why.

I have to say I'm completely shocked. I did a search on these boards and have read tons of threads about everyone getting approved with MUCH lower scores than mine. Smiley Sad

**$7500****$30,000*****$13500****$42,200****$10,000***$10,700*****$6000****$11,000*****OPEN****OPEN******$27,000*****11,000

Message 12 of 14
guydiver
Established Contributor

@audia4 wrote:

@guydiver wrote:

Since you are showing all three of your scores, they have to be FAKO scores, or to be more accurate, "Educational Scores".  They are sold by the credit bureaus to keep from having to pay Fair Isaac for the Fico score. The EQ score you pulled from this site is a true FICO score, and most likely the same exact score your lender would pull, excluding any variations for credit card, auto, etc....  This site also sells a TU Fico, although the '98 version that is older and less likely to be pulled by your lender than more up to date versions, especially for a mortgage.

So from now on I should never purchase the credit scores when I pull my reports once a year with free anual credit report (or whatever the site is) right?

I'm not understanding the whole "98 version" that you are referring to?

There are multiple versions of every Fico score.  Transunion(TU) is no exception.  There is a Fico TU 98, TU04(mortgage version usually pulled), TU 08(Wallyworld version), and there are credit card, auto enhanced, and so forth versions of those scores.  There are also internal scores from lenders that may pull your Fico score from your credit report and use that to apply to their own scoring algorithms.  It is all very confusing, but to answer your other question, when you pull your annualcreditreport.com,  do not buy the score.  It is a FAKO score sold by the CRA's and is not a true FICO score(the score used by most lenders).  You can get free scores everywhere and they are no better or worse than the FAKO scores you pay for.  Hope this helps. 

Message 13 of 14
audia4
Established Contributor

I pulled my TU FICO on here and got the "you must verify" status. 

I called today and they verified me and I was able to get my "true FICO" for TU. It's 690 (compared to the FAKO which gave me 719.

I still don't understand why Walmart denied me even at that score when I've seen people with lower scores get one. Smiley Sad

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.