What is my real EQ score?????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is my real EQ score?????

So here is the deal. Sequence of events and scores:

Purchase Score Watch trial: EQ: 693

Purchase TU score same day: TU 732

Curious as to why my EQ score is so much lower than TU I purchase score direct from equifax.com, same day: 701

Couple days later (no updates to credit report). Authorize HP for Discover More CC. Received Score Watch alert of HP and new score: 677

Today, letter received from Discover notifying me of card approval and FICO score: 734

Does anyone know what my real FICO score is? I am certainly confused.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: What is my real EQ score?????

From SW you get the Beacon 5.0 of FICO (EQ)

Discover pulls the new Beacon 9.0. (EQ)

Both are FICO's, just different versions.

Message 2 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Purchase Score Watch trial: EQ: 693 This is a FICO Equifax Beacon 5.0 score and the same version used by most lenders.

Purchase TU score same day: TU 732 If you bought that here it's a FICO TU98 score. It's an older version but still used by lenders.

Curious as to why my EQ score is so much lower than TU I purchase score direct from equifax.com, same day: 701 It might be an EQ FICO or it might not be. The EQ website does sell a FICO score found here: https://www.econsumer.equifax.com/otc/landing.ehtml?^start=&companyName=mtbk_esn3r  but EQ also sells their own proprietary "Equifax Credit Score" but this is NOT a FICO score and is not used by any lenders. So be careful what you buy from the EQ website.

Couple days later (no updates to credit report). Authorize HP for Discover More CC. Received Score Watch alert of HP and new score: 677 This would be the same EQ FICO Beacon 5.0 score.

As far as your TU and EQ scores being so far apart that's not really unusual. Even if you have the exact information on each report (which is very rare) each CRA looks at and scores that information just a bit differently. My EQ score is much higher than my TU score.

Today, letter received from Discover notifying me of card approval and FICO score: 734 We believe this is a credit card enhanced FICO08 ( or Beacon 9.0, the newest version) score.

Edited for dumb typos.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Purchase Score Watch trial: EQ: 693 This is an FICO Equifax Beacon 5.0 score and the same version used by most lenders.

Purchase TU score same day: TU 732 If you bought that here it's a FICO TU98 score. It's an older version but still used by lenders.

Curious as to why my EQ score is so much lower than TU I purchase score direct from equifax.com, same day: 701 It might be an EQ FICO or it might not be. The EQ website does sell a FICO score found here: https://www.econsumer.equifax.com/otc/landing.ehtm​l?^start=&companyName=mtbk_esn3r  but EQ also sells their own proprietary "Equifax Credit Score" but this is NOT a FICO score and is not used by any lenders. So be careful what you buy from the EQ website.

Couple days later (no updates to credit report). Authorize HP for Discover More CC. Received Score Watch alert of HP and new score: 677 This would be the same EQ FICO Beacon 5.0 score.

As far as your TU and EQ scores being so far apart that's not really unusual. Even if you have the exact information on each report (which is very rare) each CRA looks at ans scores that information just a bit differently. My EQ score is much higher than my TU score.

Today, letter received from Discover notifying me of card approval and FICO score: 734 We believe this is a credit card enhanced FICO08 ( or Beacon 9.0, the newest version) score.

Thanks for explaining all that. Its crazy that scores can differ so much with different versions from the same agency. Especailly when they claim to both be FICO scores.

I appreciate your help!

Message 4 of 7
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

From SW you get the Bacon 5.0 of FICO (EQ)

Mmmmmm...Bacon. You're making me hungry for some. Is Bacon 5.0 new and improved over Bacon 4.9?

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 5 of 7
CS800
Super Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Mmmmmm...Bacon. You're making me hungry for some. Is Bacon 5.0 new and improved over Bacon 4.9?

lol good catch. I love bacon

Message 6 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@CS800 wrote:

@injustifiiable wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

lol good catch. I love bacon

Bacon! Bacon! Bacon!... er I need a second dinner apparently.

        
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.