cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is nfcu Signature rewards card vs cash rewards card?

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

What is nfcu Signature rewards card vs cash rewards card?

I thought my new NFCU card was a cash rewards card but I just noticed on my profile that it's a Signature rewards card. What is the difference?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Elcid89
Contributor

Re: What is nfcu Signature rewards card vs cash rewards card?

If your card says cash rewards on it, it's cash rewards. Otherwise it's their points reward card.

So, green card with "Cash Rewards" on it, its cash rewards. Blue card with "nRewards" on it, it's points.

The difference is obvious. One gives you immediate cash back. The other gives you reward points.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 2 of 9
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@MountainHiker wrote:

I thought my new NFCU card was a cash rewards card but I just noticed on my profile that it's a Signature rewards card. What is the difference?

Hey MountainHiker!

the NFCU cashrewards card comes in 2 flavors.  If you have a CL below 5K, then you get the standard cashrewards card.  If you have a CL at 5K or above, it's the Signature Cashrewards card.  No difference in the rewards,  just the names are changed to reflect the benefits.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 3 of 9
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:

@MountainHiker wrote:

Hey MountainHiker!

the NFCU cashrewards card comes in 2 flavors.  If you have a CL below 5K, then you get the standard cashrewards card.  If you have a CL at 5K or above, it's the Signature Cashrewards card.  No difference in the rewards,  just the names are changed to reflect the benefits.  Smiley Happy

Thanks for clearing that up.My limit is $7K. So there is zero differences at all other than the credit limits? No differences in discounts,status ect?

Goal 750 Across

Message 4 of 9
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@MountainHiker wrote:

@MountainHiker wrote:

Hey MountainHiker!

Thanks for clearing that up.My limit is $7K. So there is zero differences at all other than the credit limits? No differences in discounts,status ect?

You are welcome  The rewards from NFCU regarding the cash back is the same for both the siggy and the regular.  However, you can register your siggy card at:

https://visasignatureconcierge.com/MCScalable/VisaLogin.do?program=visausa

to reap the benefits of the signature status of the card.  

Edited to correct the link.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 5 of 9
Elcid89
Contributor

Signature cards get the slate of Signature benefits. Regualr cards don't. They're listed on the website.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 6 of 9
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@MountainHiker wrote:

@MountainHiker wrote:

Hey MountainHiker!

You are welcome  The rewards from NFCU regarding the cash back is the same for both the siggy and the regular.  However, you can register your siggy card at:

https://visasignatureconcierge.com/MCScalable/VisaLogin.do?program=visausa

to reap the benefits of the signature status of the card.  

Edited to correct the link.

Thanks for that helpful info. Will look into it ASPA.

Goal 750 Across

Message 7 of 9
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@Elcid89 wrote:

Signature cards get the slate of Signature benefits. Regualr cards don't. They're listed on the website.

Thanks, will check out the website to read up on their guidelines. NFCU is very cool.

Goal 750 Across

Message 8 of 9
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

My Cash rewards card on my account profile says my new card is a "Signature Rewards card". Will the plastic card also say its a Signature card?

Thanks

Goal 750 Across

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.