Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is one card that you consider best

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

What is one card that you consider best

I think it is about time, I consolidate all my usage into two cards. What card do you consider as the best card for service, generous credit limit and offers all around product satisfaction. I do spend about $6-8k for personal use and some more for business expenses.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
DI
Super Contributor

Re: What is one card that you consider best

To me Discover More is the best card.  It has so many great benefits  that put itself in a league of its own. 

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me it's the NFCU cashRewards card because it's the best I can get with my scores.

Message 3 of 15
CrdtLrnr
New Contributor

AMEX Blue Cash

Message 4 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

PenFed Visa Plat (aka gas card) --this is just from the cards I have. I'm aware that there are others that offer 2% across the board.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 15
andre181
Established Contributor

I LOVE my Citi Forward card. Its my highest CL, I get regular CLI's (every 3-6 mos), its currently tied for my lowest APR @ 13.49 and the APR decrease .25 every 3 months, and I love the ThankYou Points, I spend enough so that every 3 months I have earned a $50 statement credit.

I also love my Discover More card when the 5% catagory is something I spend a lot on. LIke July to September was Gas, Hotel, and Airfare (I think) I earned $35 cash back just from gas. (And I need to go get gas by the end of the week Smiley Happy

I get 5% cash back on my Chase Freedom, but I never use it. I also get 1% cash back on my WF and Cap1 cards, I rarely use those either.

I really don't care about my points with my Amex Zync, I just got it to get in the door with Amex, so I can get Blue or Blue Cash in a few months. Same with FNBO, just to get in the door, they offer pretty high CL's once you've been with them for a while. And I just have my BoA cuz its my oldest TL.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

So hard to choose!

I travel a fair amount, so my Chase United Visa is probably #1.  Visa signature, so no need to worry about the limit, and the travel benefits are perfect for me Miles Miles Miles.

Outside of that the Penfed Visa Plat is my favorite.  Followed by a close second the Costco Amex.

Message 7 of 15
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

US Bank flex

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 8 of 15
PRILEY
Regular Contributor

Not my highest line but probably Discover.

Message 9 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Reward wise I think it use to be Chase Freedom Plus... I still have the same rewards on mine but not sure you can get that program anymore.

for spending over 5k a month I would agree would be Amex Blue Cash

or else what was the investing card that gave a straight 2% on everything?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.