Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is reported on AU's CR?

tag
Jensen
Established Member

What is reported on AU's CR?

If I add my girlfriend to one of my CC, what exactly will show on her CR? Does it mirror exactly my own CR; the CL, UTIL, etc.? Or something else? Did run a search but could not find a detailed answer in the threads I looked at.Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: What is reported on AU's CR?

depending on the creditor, it will show everything that the main account holder does....Util, Balance, CL, payment history, etc

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've added my g/f as AU on Chase, Cap One and USAA accounts and its shows exactly what mine does.  What's strange is that just two months after being on my Cap One account she was able to get her own account with them.  She had no previous credit at age 34

Message 3 of 6
uswala
Senior Contributor

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

it will show everything that the main account holder does....Util, Balance, CL, payment history, etc

+1. The only thing that is different is that the account type will be "authorized user" in her case and "individual" in your case.

Message 4 of 6
Jensen
Established Member

Thanks for the help!

Message 5 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Jensen wrote:

If I add my girlfriend to one of my CC, what exactly will show on her CR? Does it mirror exactly my own CR; the CL, UTIL, etc.? Or something else? Did run a search but could not find a detailed answer in the threads I looked at.Thanks.

Yes it can help her IF the account is older than any of hers (older than her current AAoA is even better), IF the payment history is long and clean, IF the utilization is very low, and IF it will report to the CRA's. Not all cards will do this. You need to ask the company first. She will inherit the entire history of this account. One caveat however; if this account starts to go south her credit will be affected as well. Keep that in mind.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.