Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is so great about CSP?

tag
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Re: What is so great about CSP?

I'd go with CSP. The ability to transfer points to partners is great. Barclays is great at earning "miles" but it's only miles that can be redeemed for credits on your statement. 

Message 11 of 13
red259
Super Contributor

I have CSP and Amex SPG. I will pick up the barclays+ next year, but at the moment I have cap one venture which is similiar. 

In a nutshell I value my CSP the most. I'm able to use their travel partners. I have the Freedom card and ink bold, so there are a number of x5 categories that I can take advantage of and the signup bonus offers can be pretty good. The SPG points are of good value, but are much much harder to earn with limited bonus spend. If you stay at SPG properties then the card will have much more value. Its good to earn points in different programs just to hedge against devaluation.

The SPG card used to be the card that I thought I would use for general non-cat spend. However, I am thinking the amex everday preferred may take that spot next year. The barclay arrival+ will get you the least value back of the three cards (assuming you redeem travel at good rates in the specific programs offered), but it is good to have a card like this to cover travel expenses that travel programs do not cover.  

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 12 of 13
HiLine
Blogger

I used to think the CSP was the most overrated travel rewards credit card, but since they added new travel benefits, I have changed my mind. It is now the second best travel rewards credit card in my mind.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.