Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is so special about the Walmart CC

tag
Karunch
Contributor

Re: What is so special about the Walmart CC

+1 to everything said so far...  But another thing that I have not seen mentioned is the ability to get cashback at the register.  It's an easy way to get some cash and not have to stop at the MAC machine on the way home.  You can't get a ton of money out at a time, but it's enough to have some cash in my wallet.  I find it's an easy way to get a few extra bucks and it's not a big deal since I PIF every month before the statement cuts so I don't have to worry about interest.

I got my Walmart Card a little over a year ago, I started with a $400 credit limit and a year later I'm up to $2,400 limit.  Being able to get a CLI every 4 months that is a SP definitely makes it worth it.

Message 11 of 33
Nati
Established Member

O ok so I guess the auto CLI is a bigger deal than I thought.. I have only ever had 1 credit card my entire adult life and have never asked for a CLI so I didnt think it was a big deal. The 18 months 0% seems like a nice perk and the 15 cents off gas would be nice except that 22.9% you would get charged would eliminate all savings I would think.

Where do I sign up for the jet and the weather machine? I dont need a key to the vault I will be marrying a Walton as soon as I can save up for the ring lol.

Also thanks to everyone for all the answers.

Starting scores 5/29/12 via 53 identity alert
EX-676 TU-667 EQ-665
Todays scores 11/16/2012 via 53 identity alert
EX-721 TU-719 EQ-723
Message 12 of 33
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

@Nati wrote:

O ok so I guess the auto CLI is a bigger deal than I thought.. I have only ever had 1 credit card my entire adult life and have never asked for a CLI so I didnt think it was a big deal. The 18 months 0% seems like a nice perk and the 15 cents off gas would be nice except that 22.9% you would get charged would eliminate all savings I would think.

Where do I sign up for the jet and the weather machine? I dont need a key to the vault I will be marrying a Walton as soon as I can save up for the ring lol.

Also thanks to everyone for all the answers.

You don't have to pay a dime in interest if you pay in full. Instead of buying gas with your debit card, pay with the walmart card and pay off the bill when your statement arrives. You score 15 cents off the gallon and avoid interest charges.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 13 of 33
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

Free FICO....gas saving....I like the interest free offers

i don't use it much but it's nice to know its there. Good CLs and I got upupgraded 

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 14 of 33
spartanspirit
Contributor

@Karunch wrote:

+1 to everything said so far...  But another thing that I have not seen mentioned is the ability to get cashback at the register.  It's an easy way to get some cash and not have to stop at the MAC machine on the way home.  You can't get a ton of money out at a time, but it's enough to have some cash in my wallet.  I find it's an easy way to get a few extra bucks and it's not a big deal since I PIF every month before the statement cuts so I don't have to worry about interest.

I got my Walmart Card a little over a year ago, I started with a $400 credit limit and a year later I'm up to $2,400 limit.  Being able to get a CLI every 4 months that is a SP definitely makes it worth it.

aaannnnddd it counts as part of your purchase, not as a separate cash advance with all those added fees. got a 600 limit with a 120 cash advance limit. 

Message 15 of 33
Pworld
Regular Contributor

I cannot stand Walmart so i never paid attention to this card (i prefer target and the target to walmart ratio in LA is like 10 to 1 it seems)....

But after reading this thread!! Whooooooo its top on my list! 

I need that .15 a gallon hook up! (is it any gas charge from any station??), as well as that free fico report. That alone makes it amazing. I need to go read up on this card. 

Current EQ:809 EX: 808 TU:809

Amex Platinum/ NPSL | Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/18.1k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Discover IT/10.9K | Amex HHonors Surpass/9K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preferred/13K | Ink Business Preferred/13K
Message 16 of 33
Link2k
Valued Member

I would almost never revolve a balance at anything other than 0%.

This card should not carry a balance at anything other than 0%.  If you aren't paying your walmart card in full every month you probably shouldn't be using a credit card at all. 7% APR or 20% APR nothing at walmart is worth a dime in interest.

Message 17 of 33
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

Lots of perks (as mentioned), but the best is the generous auto CLI every few months.  Just got my 6th month $500 auto CLI.  GE cards are great!!

Message 18 of 33
Viper786
Regular Contributor

Walmart has gas stations? I have been to 4 or 5 different walmarts here in Michigan and haven't seen a gas station at any of them...

EQ - 701 FICO - ScoreWatch (8/2016) | TU - 754 FICO - Fico 8 (8/2016) | EX - 710 Fico - Fico 8 (8/2016)
Amazon Store Card - $10,000 | Amex BCE - $2k | Barclaycard Ring - $2.5k | Capital One Platinum - $7,500 | Capital One Venture - $10,000 | Capital One VentureOne - $7500 | Chase Freedom - $3.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred - $1500 | Discover It - $4200 | Ebates Visa - $25,000 | Macy's - $1700 | Lowes - $12,000 | Walmart MasterCard - $15,000
Message 19 of 33
TheConductor
Established Contributor

@Pworld wrote:

I need that .15 a gallon hook up! (is it any gas charge from any station??),

It is only on gas at Wal-Mart or at other Murphy USA gas stations.  For those of you who don't have Wal-Marts with gas stations on site, check this site to see if there's a Murphy USA near you:

http://www.murphyusa.com/store-locator/

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.