cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is so special about the World Elite MasterCard?

tag
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Re: What is so special about the World Elite MasterCard?

World MasterCard and World Elite are not like Visa Platinum. Plain MasterCard is considered a Platinum MasterCard; same as Visa Platinum. World MasterCard is a step above Platinum Visa and Platinum MasterCard. However World Elite MasterCard is supposed to give you acess to the World lol. Discounts on special purchases, travel, hotels, etc. In my humble opinon I prefer Visa Signature. I believe Visa offers superior benifits. Dont be confused by the term Visa Infinite either, it is not superior to Visa Signature, but a different form of branding for other nations. Ultimetly alot of benifits depend on the issuer, some Platinum cards have better benifits than Visa Signature and World and World Elite MasterCard

Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 21 of 22
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Re: What is so special about the World Elite MasterCard?

Rent cars? Then a WE MC is worth having as you get instant status with Avis and National.

With Avis you get complementary Avis First status and are entitled up to a 25% discount on rental costs plus one class upgrade from booked car if available. Also allows you to earn free weekends based on rentals. 

National a little less but you get complimentary Executive status, can pick your car from Executive aisle and earn free rentals a bit faster. This is the same status that Amex Platinum provides as a benefit. 

Worth pointing out you need to join the loyalty programs to get this AND need to add your WE MC as the credit card "on file" for rentals. I believe they use that to check if you are eligible for the status. Might be able to change card to another before making the first rental if needed. 

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.