cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is so special about the World Elite MasterCard?

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

What is so special about the World Elite MasterCard?

Is this mastercards signature type version like visa has visa platinum and visa signature? Do you need a minimum credit line to have the world elite MasterCard?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Re: What is so special about the World Elite MasterCard?

It all depends on the issuer what CL you receive. Most Visa Sigs minimum CL is 5k and believe it's the same for WE MC
Message 2 of 22
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

I thought I saw a recent post where someone was issued a WEMC with $2k line

Message 3 of 22
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Benefits of WEMC link below.

http://www.mastercard.us/credit-card-world-elite.html

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 22
lmashimaru
Valued Member

I was issued a Barclays Arrival + WEM with originally 800 credit limit (bumped to 2500 after receiving card anc calling). The benefits of having a WEM is that if you purchase certain things or do certain things you get perks. Most notable is for some airlines if you buy a certain ticket you get upgraded to the next cabin (economy -> Business -> First). Also if you're a golfer or like baseball there are some good perks that involve those sports. 

Edit: I value the WEM higher then Visa Signature at this point. in terms of perks and benefits. Though i do like Visa's Hotel Collection and Perks, but the instant upgrade on airlines or cheaper tickets are amazing to me.

Experian - 749 Equifax - 765 Transunion - 756 [ FAKO EnhancedITP Pulled 06/07/2014 ]
Cards:
Chase [Sapphire Preferred - $5000] :: [Freedom - $ 2000] :: [Slate - $500] :: [Amazon Visa - $1000]
Barclays [Arrival + - $900]
In the Garden for a long time now that I've gotten the cards i want.
Message 5 of 22
MT936
Established Contributor

not sure but its next on my list and the only one I need left

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 6 of 22
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

I have two WEM's, and I have yet to use any of the benefits haha. It really is just about the fancy silver logo. 

WEM's have recently been watered down, in rareness that is. The Arrival is WEM only now, and Citi is starting to upgrade their AA branded cards from World to WE. They are much more common as of lately. 

Message 7 of 22
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Cap-1 is known to issue WEMCs with $600 CLs, :rofl: 

Message 8 of 22
randeman
Frequent Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

They seem to exceed Visa Signature benefits, based on what I read in the link.  I wonder if the annual fee is higher?  I have three signature cards and my Escape has many (if not all) the same benefits.  I wouldn't mind exchanging one for a WEMC depending on how much higher the fee was.

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 9 of 22
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@randeman wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

They seem to exceed Visa Signature benefits, based on what I read in the link.  I wonder if the annual fee is higher?  I have three signature cards and my Escape has many (if not all) the same benefits.  I wouldn't mind exchanging one for a WEMC depending on how much higher the fee was.

Annual fees for WEMC:

$0-$450

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.