cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is special about amex and the month of jan?

tag
monicar2009
New Contributor

What is special about amex and the month of jan?

I remember reading some time ago about there being something special about joining amex in jan.  Months have passed tho so this treat still in effect and what is it exatcly?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DI
Super Contributor

Re: What is special about amex and the month of jan?

@monicar2009 wrote:
I remember reading some time ago about there being something special about joining amex in jan.  Months have passed tho so this treat still in effect and what is it exatcly?

I'm not aware of anything special about AMEX in January besides cardholders receiving their December bill.  The balance may come as a shock to some. 

Message 2 of 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: What is special about amex and the month of jan?

monicar2009 wrote:

If you already have (or had) an AmEx card and get a new one, the new card will show the month in which you got it + the year in which you got your first card.

So If you got your first card in, say June 2002, and you got an second card in Jan 2010, the date on the second card will say Jan 2002.

If you got your first card in June 2002, and you got a second card last month (Dec 2009), the date on the second card would say Dec 2002, making it almost a year "younger." This can affect your AAoA, depending on how many accounts you already have and so forth.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.